Summer Claim Check made players thought that they found gold in tf2

grimdercell

You're right, the first link is totally insane. It's like the trading card smiley: people were going insane because they were chosen to get it... when it was something awarded to everyone in steam beta trading card. One of my friends was "nagging" me because he had one. I showed mine and the trading card foil smiley. Yeah, joy crusher..

Nah, he's right. A 1% chance is DEFINITELY a "high chance unusual" /sarcasm

I'd honestly wanna see this guy's face when the crates release and his hopes are crushed.

Agreed, they somehow think that it is so easy to get a rare item that's worth x amount of buds. If only things were that simple in the trading world. Even ppl who unboxed unusuals had to buy or work their way up for the keys that they used to uncrate, what makes these ppl think that they can get such a rare item without even trying?

Every time a new item comes out everyone thinks its the new buds. You'd think they would notice a pattern at some point

Every time a new item comes out everyone thinks its the new buds. You'd think they would notice a pattern at some point

Well, we do have new people coming in every day. Once that happens, those new people are affected by the remaining idiots that still think a common item is the new Buds. That ignites a spark in them and changes their mentality to where they think it's the new Buds also.

Summer Claim Check made players thought that they found gold in tf2

Doesn't that happen every time a new tool/crate is released?

Doesn't that happen every time a new tool/crate is released?

Well, I can understand the hype behind a new hat or a new weapon or a special crate - I could pay a lot (not buds or unusual though) for something I really want that is just new. But the summer claim? I mean, unless you've a new player (or a regular that has been living under a rock this past year), you can easily know that new crates or new tools or stuff like the summer claim will be a common object quickly.

Or it could be me with the naive thought that "everyone is nice, noooo, they're not trying to scam you'". 

Archived