Aim/reflex training

Explosion-chan

I've discovered that my aim and reflexes really aren't where I want them to be. This isn't only for CS:GO or TF2, but for FPS gaming in general. What sites have you used, or strategies have you found to help you? http://aim400kg.ru/en/has been suggested to me by a google search, has anyone used it? I've also found that working out before gaming improves my game play and to some degree my enjoyment.

Try tr_walkway. I use it every now and then. Practice airshots, all sorts of things. You can practice headshots too by just standing by and waiting for them to walk like normal.

To practice sniping alone, in TF2, I go on trade servers. Usually there is a variety of opponents, but sometimes they are too "good," or they are less proficient. I would also recommend maps with battlements like 2fort and turbine. 

Tips:

Do:

-Keep moving, but change direction, jump and crouch

-Aim only when you need to

-Stay fairly out in the open, your extremities (elbows, legs, shoulders) can be hit from around corners if you try and do something sneaky

-Stay calm, the last thing you need is to be panicking and flinging around your cursor

-Whenever you walk, walk in a zigzag, and dont keep a constant movement speed

Dont:

-Stop and look around 

-Wear extremely obnoxious hats

-Try to act like an "actual sniper" by hiding around corners and crouching without moving

-Scope for extremely long periods of time

-Flail around and go for a lucky shot

-Try to use predictive shooting (normal sniper bullets are as close to instantaneous as you can get)

-Aim directly at the face (headshot hitbox is near the forehead and top of the head)

-Use the sydney sleeper or the darwins shield

>sydney sleeper

tl;dr: cp_orange_x3_exe, any scoped bodyshot deals 0 damage. 8 months ago - many skilled snipers that could 360 quickscope with their left heel, jokes aside. Kids were crying. Today - all old snipers don't play there anymore, all sniper slots are occupied with gibusvision sleeper skrubs who can't even bodyshot a heavy.

idk how to feel about this tbh. I still have crouchjump instead of regular jump and always move as much unpredictable as I can, so nothing really happened to me. But the fact that there are 2-3 players on a team doing absolutely nothing and refusing to free the slot for people that actually can at least bodyshot someone (not me) is really sad.

im done

Most of these answers are game specific, I'd like an overall thing, osu is a good suggestion, and I play a similar game on my tablet and it seems to have improved my reaction.

I'd say tr_walkway too, but sometimes even this map is not enough. Bots' movements doesn't look like human's in the slightest. It's great for practicing jiggling and perpendicular pipe-landing tho.

Or maybe there's a new version of this map out with soopah kewl natural walk cycles and I don't know about it =\

Try tr_walkway. I use it every now and then. Practice airshots, all sorts of things. You can practice headshots too by just standing by and waiting for them to walk like normal.

I'd say tr_walkway too, but sometimes even this map is not enough. Bots' movements doesn't look like human's in the slightest. It's great for practicing jiggling and perpendicular pipe-landing tho.

Or maybe there's a new version of this map out with soopah kewl natural walk cycles and I don't know about it =\

tr_walkway and other training maps really help with tracking and aim.

i personally wouldnt reccomend using it since the bots hitboxes are in the "standing still" type but when in reality theyre moving, it can teach you wrong but if your playing an explosive class it doesnt really matter

but as for aim just playing alot really helps, find a class / weapon you're good at, and if possible watch POV's from high tier players of the same class

People are still being game specific, there is a reason this wasn't in the CS:GO subforum or the TF2 subforum

Try osu! and start with one star songs and work your way up to about 3 star. Then go back to tf2.

Archived