Posting a Link to other suggestion in suggestion Trend

♥Prof. Sugarcube♥

Note: THIS IS NOT TO ATTACK YOU OR INSULT YOUR SUGGESTIONS, GIANG.

Ok. So, we've all seen the suggestions Giang has recently been doing where all she does is post a link to her previous suggestion and call it enough. I don't think this is what should happen, solely because it's just blatantly lazy. Rather, a simple copy-paste would do just fine.

but I would ask for your opinions and thoughts on this, it just seems suggestion integrity is starting to slack.

Examples:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54683ffab98d8890178b4870

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5461a78eb88d886c398b48f3

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/545efc49ba8d88051f8b48f3

Try to keep your posts away from the fact it's me who is concerned.

Thoughts?

Nothing is going to be done about it, as the mods clearly approve. So why bother bringing it up? I personally feel this amount of laziness shouldn't be tolerated 

Nothing is going to be done about it, as the mods clearly approve. So why bother bringing it up? I personally feel this amount of laziness shouldn't be tolerated 

I brought it up because I'd rather not see slacking Suggestion quality because someone wants to save a few seconds.

Imo a suggestion should have at least some effort put into it or the very least look like some effort has been made dont think current owners of would appreciate it if a suggester who cant even be bother to copy and past be expected to have properly do research.

What's the difference in "effort" between copying and pasting a suggestion and copying and pasting the URL

I don't see how you consider copying and pasting the URL lazy yet not copying and pasting the information

What's the difference in "effort" between copying and pasting a suggestion and copying and pasting the URL

I don't see how you consider copying and pasting the URL lazy yet not copying and pasting the information

Answer vvvvvvvv                  I'd rather see links and equations instead of a redirection.

Imo a suggestion should have at least some effort put into it or the very least look like some effort has been made dont think current owners of would appreciate it if a suggester who cant even be bother to copy and past be expected to have properly do research.

It's how the proof is presented, yeah he made the effort to do some research but then it all goes down the drain when he seemingly cant even place some what others would call minimal effort to present that info. I equate this to Gent who sometimes writes that he is super tired or super drunk as his opening to a suggestion when lowering a hats value by a few buds.

From the perspective of the owner of the hat it probably wont feel very good.

Answer vvvvvvvv                  I'd rather see links and equations instead of a redirection.

Giving a link to the suggestion encompasses not only the proof but the comments along with it

Copying and pasting merely the suggestion does not give this extra information

Giving a link to the suggestion encompasses not only the proof but the comments along with it

Copying and pasting merely the suggestion does not give this extra information

Example of what isn't being lazy when it comes to changing proof.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/54570f0aba8d887f6c8b4656 Closed by me due to misrepresentation of proof, which resulted http://backpack.tf/vote/id/545935d4ba8d884b5a8b4dad  which got accepted.

Yet I still copy-pasted the proof.

I brought it up because I'd rather not see slacking Suggestion quality because someone wants to save a few seconds.

Why do u care? The mods dont seem to so why do u?

And he has already done the work, as shown in the suggestions, its just as easy to click that, i dont see why u make a big fuss about it.

Why do u care? The mods dont seem to so why do u?

And he has already done the work, as shown in the suggestions, its just as easy to click that, i dont see why u make a big fuss about it.

Said at least 2 other times, I don't want to see slack in suggestions. It may not be considered a big deal, but it's worth bringing up imo.

Said at least 2 other times, I don't want to see slack in suggestions. It may not be considered a big deal, but it's worth bringing up imo.

I'm not entirely sure what you think, however backpack.tf isn't an elitist invite-only website

Stop treating it like one.

I'm not entirely sure what you think, however backpack.tf isn't an elitist invite-only website

Stop treating it like one.

The concept of elitism never surpassed my lips, nor did 'invite-only'. If anything, that is not what I proclaim BP.TF to be.

• Administrators

I completely agree with this and good job for bringing this up. Glad that Bucket seen the bigger problem in this than how many others didn't. Thank you and Bucket. I always disapproved suggestions like this but since I kept seeing other mods kept accepting it, I kept asking myself this question, why do they?

I have even seen people being super lazy and linking a suggestion to another suggestion which leads to another suggestion. I mean, just copy and paste the proof. Why is that so hard to do that?

I completely agree with this and good job for bringing this up. Glad that Bucket seen the bigger problem in this than how many others didn't. Thank you and Bucket. I always disapproved suggestions like this but since I kept seeing other mods kept accepting it, I kept asking myself this question, why do they?

I have even seen people being super lazy and linking a suggestion to another suggestion which leads to another suggestion. I mean, just copy and paste the proof. Why is that so hard to do that?

Thanks, I don't want the suggestion quality to slack because some people are just THAT lazy.

IDK why they can't copy-paste, i've done that thousands of times with resuggestions :s

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/546b098dba8d88bb398b45a4Another example (Although not as bad), Linking a Suggestion as a mini is lazy, again

for "mini" suggestions that turned into actual suggestions this should be fine. It shows that the price is being updated at the time of posting. I agree that the whole proof shouldn't just be a link to another suggestion though.

• Administrators

Polar appears to be accpeting the suggestions and/or Puddington, Bucket doesn't, CP never accepts and woifi rarely does

• Administrators

Polar appears to be accpeting the suggestions and/or Puddington, Bucket doesn't, CP never accepts and woifi rarely does

I am seeing this as well. Polar and Pudding seems to be a bit okay for suggestions like this however, the other mods disapproves.  Many other regular suggester disapproves as well.

Derpeh made two valid points here :

It's how the proof is presented, yeah he made the effort to do some research but then it all goes down the drain when he seemingly cant even place some what others would call minimal effort to present that info. I equate this to Gent who sometimes writes that he is super tired or super drunk as his opening to a suggestion when lowering a hats value by a few buds.

From the perspective of the owner of the hat it probably wont feel very good.

Not to mention, this influences potential new suggester(s) to be lazy and show that they can be lazy.

Archived