DirectX 12 CPU Performance increase?

Langweenee

I don't know if I can get a good answer here but I'll try before I go somewhere else.

I heard that DirectX 12 can greatly improve performance in applications and games by using some stuff to make cores work together or something. I've looked into this but the only info that I could fine was on shotty websites that didn't look to reliable for information. If anyone knows what this is, please explain or give a bit of insight.

If this is true, I'm gonna get a different CPU than what I already planned.

I don't know if I can get a good answer here but I'll try before I go somewhere else.

I heard that DirectX 12 can greatly improve performance in applications and games by using some stuff to make cores work together or something. I've looked into this but the only info that I could fine was on shotty websites that didn't look to reliable for information. If anyone knows what this is, please explain or give a bit of insight.

If this is true, I'm gonna get a different CPU than what I already planned.

As far as i know its to make the GPU do all the graphical work and the CPU works with AI and things like that

Because ATM the GPU and CPU both work with graphics for some reason 

Dont quote me i may be wrong

It shifts more of the load onto the GPU (its basically Mantle). But keep in mind, it wont be common for a couple years; and you should still get the best cpu+gpu you can buy. 

Archived