What the f**kis wrong with you people.

F  CHARLIE

So these three price suggestions - 

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5467ce9db98d8884178b45a5

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5467bca2b98d8849518b4e77

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5467bdd6b98d883e518b4f2f

I was completely unaware of the bulls**t that you people have been brewing up as it pertains to rules here.

These hats are 1 of 1 and in case you haven't been paying attention;

http://www.tf2outpost.com/search/230669255

there are fewer 2014's than previous years.  I estimate anywhere from 150 - 200 of each type.  Waiting for Brad to get stats up on this stuff.

There is no logic behind getting rid of the 1 of 1 rules for pricing and yet you have manufactured some reason that 2014's should have a prejudice against them.  Wonder full way to punish and dissuade buyers.  Unless, of course, someone is buying a gen 1 that's rare then watch out because that s**ts Holy.  Also, you will consider changing the rule in December.  WTF do you need the rule for then?  To combat hype?  If that is a goal than you better f**king erase all those 2011, 2012 Halloween effect prices because that s**t was all hype price and they are ugly as f**k.  Wow, a f**king moon, something I can see outside my window.  Also, wtf happened to respecting pure sales above all?

I bought my hats and I will f**king dictate what they can be priced at, not anyone else.  Btw, the Ten Gallon was bought for pure and is not for sale so good luck countering that.  Your f**king job is to report what happened in the market but instead you are trying to alter the results the fit your opinion about it.  People can comment on the suggestion if they don't think its appropriate but to say the sale didn't didn't happen is garbage.

This s**t is going too far.  I don't know if bp.tf is affecting the market at all but it might when it comes to unusual's.

• Administrators

To be honest, some people are really pushing it and making up their own rules. If its 1 of 1 and not for sale anytime soon, I don't see why that shouldn't be priced. 

This two for example :

What is wrong with the people there? He clearly stated he is a collector and it won't be up for sale anytime soon. How can someone get a second sale on that?

I don't understand why you are so agitated about this. First, we required pricing off at least two sales during the event because there was a chance for the hat to be unboxed again. Furthermore, prices are unstable and we wanted to give the hats a chance to settle in value. As we have seen previously, the first (sometimes the first few) sales for a hat during the peak of an event like this are often outliers. 

Now, addressing the issue of sales to a collector. I asked other mods what they felt about eliminating the rule once the event was over. And there were two reasons for waiting a couple more weeks. One, hats that appeared 1 of 1 were often not really 1 of 1 and would turn up on SCM in the weeks following halloween (or whatever event there was). Second, "collectors" sometimes ended up reselling anyways. 

I can only see a benefit of waiting a few more weeks. I had been planning on editing the rules to allow such suggestions ~December 1, giving a full month after the event to let prices settle. 

I personally see no problem with pricing 2014 halloween effects off one sale but that's not my decision to make. However, in the one suggestion I actually commented on the metal slug was up for sale already and you closed that trade after my comment. Clearly you have no intention of keeping that hat as a collector which is one of the main criteria for the one sale rule (unless it doesn't sell for a month).

Don't be so worried about unpriced hats in your bp. I have 14 unpriced hats in my bp currently and it really doesn't bother me.

To be honest, some people are really pushing it and making up their own rules. If its 1 of 1 and not for sale anytime soon, I don't see why that shouldn't be priced. 

This two for example :

What is wrong with the people there? He clearly stated he is a collector and it won't be up for sale anytime soon. How can someone get a second sale on that?

Pretty sure he had least one of them for sale.

I want to apologize for the outburst (and inaccurate information ex 1of1).  My father just passed away and I was a little unbalanced.  

That does not change my opinion of the rule however.  It seems illogical to combat hype pricing of Halloween unusual's as they do not really lose value in the way other unusual effects do and do not have the opportunity for that to happen. 

I want to apologize for the outburst (and inaccurate information ex 1of1).  My father just passed away and I was a little unbalanced.  

That does not change my opinion of the rule however.  It seems illogical to combat hype pricing of Halloween unusual's as they do not really lose value in the way other unusual effects do and do not have the opportunity for that to happen. 

bp.tf have been REALLY strict on their rules in the past and this one will stay. We can't tell if they'll lose value quickly or not, and the market can be rather unpredictable. To avoid any sort of chaos, rule is you can make suggestions for these items on the 1st of December and there's not much else to be done about it :/

It's not that far away anyway, I'm sure you can wait.

So these three price suggestions - 

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5467ce9db98d8884178b45a5

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5467bca2b98d8849518b4e77

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5467bdd6b98d883e518b4f2f

I was completely unaware of the bulls**t that you people have been brewing up as it pertains to rules here.

These hats are 1 of 1 and in case you haven't been paying attention;

http://www.tf2outpost.com/search/230669255

there are fewer 2014's than previous years.  I estimate anywhere from 150 - 200 of each type.  Waiting for Brad to get stats up on this stuff.

There is no logic behind getting rid of the 1 of 1 rules for pricing and yet you have manufactured some reason that 2014's should have a prejudice against them.  Wonder full way to punish and dissuade buyers.  Unless, of course, someone is buying a gen 1 that's rare then watch out because that s**ts Holy.  Also, you will consider changing the rule in December.  WTF do you need the rule for then?  To combat hype?  If that is a goal than you better f**king erase all those 2011, 2012 Halloween effect prices because that s**t was all hype price and they are ugly as f**k.  Wow, a f**king moon, something I can see outside my window.  Also, wtf happened to respecting pure sales above all?

I bought my hats and I will f**king dictate what they can be priced at, not anyone else.  Btw, the Ten Gallon was bought for pure and is not for sale so good luck countering that.  Your f**king job is to report what happened in the market but instead you are trying to alter the results the fit your opinion about it.  People can comment on the suggestion if they don't think its appropriate but to say the sale didn't didn't happen is garbage.

This s**t is going too far.  I don't know if bp.tf is affecting the market at all but it might when it comes to unusual's.

Didn't read, didn't care. I stopped reading after you censored your "big boi wurds"

Didn't read, didn't care. I stopped reading after you censored your "big boi wurds"

I honestly thought there was a rule against swearing here.

I honestly thought there was a rule against swearing here.

There's a rule against offensive conduct.

Swearing is fine depending on the context. To be fair neutering your words here did very little for your case.

The change to the rules was fairly well advertised, ignoring it and then getting agitated when they get closed is like saying 'F*ck off legal system, I didn't know I'd go to prison if I murdered that guy.' You'll have very few people taking your side.

You've got 2 weeks to wait, it's hardly a big deal.

Damn, man. I feel for you :c

Anyways, there will be another sale soon, just watch out for it and then suggest again ^^

I'm sorry for your loss. I do hope you find yourself the appropriate outlet to cope with such a tough loss. Do take care

Damn, man. I feel for you :c

Anyways, there will be another sale soon, just watch out for it and then suggest again ^^

I'm sorry for your loss. I do hope you find yourself the appropriate outlet to cope with such a tough loss. Do take care

Thank you and these forums are an outlet in my life.  I think the same is for many others.

Archived