TheBaconDrinker's Ace Attorney Series Review Part 0: The Overview of the Series

Prince Lowell

Hello everyone, I have a plan for the next couple of weeks. I will be reviewing every single Gyakuten Saiban game. You may know this series better as the Ace attorney series. In this section, i will be explaining some things about the project, and giving some background about the series.

So Without further ado, let's get into it.

The Format

I will be Looking at several aspects of the games, like gameplay, plot, characters, music, etc. I will be as unbiased as possible. I will be doing them in order of their release in Japan. So the order is as follows:

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth

Ace Attorney Investigations 2

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

IMPORTANT!!!!

In these reviews, there will be spoilers.

That is all the ground rules, let's get into the series

An Overview

The Ace Attorney series started out in 2001, on the Game Boy Advance. It was developed by Capcom. It chronicled the adventures of rookie Defense lawyer Phoenix Wright, in one of the wackiest judicial systems ever. It was an huge hit, and there were 2 direct sequels in 2002 and 2004, however, these games were never released outside of Japan. However, in 2005, the first game came in the form of a Nintendo DS game. In 2006 we received the 2nd game, and 1 year after that, the third. I am not going to get into the dates for every game, but after that, we got the 4th game in 2009, and a new game has been released every year since.

How the Games Work

Every single game is a "Visual Novel" where it is a bunch of text, and player input through different commands. All of the games(sans the crossover game) work very similarly. You almost always start out investigating, except for the first case in every game, and the 4th case in Dual Destinies. In investigations, you can examine things, talk to people and gather evidence to move the plot along to the court scenes. The courtroom sections is where this game hits it's stride, and you cross examine witnesses, present evidence, and catch the true killer. This is a bit different in the Investigations games, but i will get into those later.

I will be releasing regular updates, and reviews will follow.

Links to the Reviews

Ace Attorney: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/23528-thebacondrinkers-ace-attorney-series-review-part-1-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney/

Justice For All: In Progress

Trials and Tribulations: In Progress

Apollo Justice: In Progress

Investigations: In Progress

Investigations 2: In Progress

vs. Professor Layton: In Progress

Dual Destinies: In Progress

Played em all. Beat em All. Still can't get over some of the cases. 

"Played em all. Beat em All."

Back to topic, I'll ask a little question: Were you planning to do this, as you played more, and more, or did this thought of reviewing appear today?

"Played em all. Beat em All."

Back to topic, I'll ask a little question: Were you planning to do this, as you played more, and more, or did this thought of reviewing appear today?

It was a plan, i love the games, some more than others, tho

Archived