Remove multiplier after a certain amount of accepted suggestions

ivor

Other people have suggested removing the multiplier altogether in the past - this idea was rejected, for the same reasons behind why the multiplier exists in the first place (to keep nubs from making stupid suggestions).  My suggestion is that we keep the multiplier in place, but remove it after 15 or 20 accepted suggestions - because really, once someone's got 20 accepted suggestions, we can probably establish that they are a reasonably intelligent and mature person, and can make suggestions for higher-priced items, right?

upvoted

Ah yes, the ol' elusive forum-upvote.

On the topic of the multiplier, the current system is even kinda broken - it counts your all-time high BP value - so theoretically, I could get my rich friend to trade me 2 buds and then have me trade them back, and boom, suddenly my multiplier increases by several buds.

Yep I agree, up vote

Doesn't really Effect me since my Bo with multiplier is like 90 buds

But yeah when someone has 20 accepted suggestions they aren't going to make dumb suggestions

Disagree, some people still go after rep even after 20 suggestions. Extend that to 100 suggestions and I'll agree.

high priced items sit at unusuals mostly

(non super rares like vint recs and UC maxes)

I say after 100 unusual accepts

Santa Heavy's at >100 suggestions accept and I bet a key that he can't get an unusual above 10 buds accepted within a week

Disagree, some people still go after rep even after 20 suggestions. Extend that to 100 suggestions and I'll agree.

Yeah, but what does going after rep have to do with suggesting high-priced items?  They might as well just get rep off some low-priced weapon - they don't get more rep from making suggestions for higher-priced items (except unusual rep, and if they're getting it, then they're doing something right anyway).

Archived