Classifieds Suggestion

Simply ♪ Invisifly2

I've used the classifieds a few times recently (sold 2 keys and quite a few hats) and, because I often price my items low (as I get usually them from quick-sells) I tend to get lots of friend requests pretty quickly. I accept the first and trade the item, but in the minute or so it takes me to remove the classified listing I still get more requests, and all of them to buy the item I just sold. I also tried to buy a paint recently and when I added the person he told me he forgot to remove the ad from the classifieds. Automatically removing sold items from the classified listings would help prevent this.

TL;DR version: I think it would be pretty handy if classified listings were automatically removed if the item put up for sale is removed from the sellers backpack.

Feel free to post your thoughts.

I've used the classifieds a few times recently (sold 2 keys and quite a few hats) and, because I often price my items low (as I get usually them from quick-sells) I tend to get lots of friend requests pretty quickly. I accept the first and trade the item, but in the minute or so it takes me to remove the classified listing I still get more requests, and all of them to buy the item I just sold. I also tried to buy a paint recently and when I added the person he told me he forgot to remove the ad from the classifieds. Automatically removing sold items from the classified listings would help prevent this.

TL;DR version: I think it would be pretty handy if classified listings were automatically removed if the item put up for sale is removed from the sellers backpack.

Feel free to post your thoughts.

It is already.

It's just buggy.

backpack.tf already does this act when it scans your backpack and sees the item no longer exists in your inventory. However backpack.tf cannot possibly scan every single backpack every second of the day, so there's obviously going to be a delay at which point you manually deleting it from your listings would be faster. Anyways if you're getting these multiple adds then its an indication you could have gotten more and these people are going to try to flip for more, especially if you're selling keys for backpack.tf range whether it be low-end or high-end.

I don't quicksell, I buy from quicksellers. I usually re-post the items for the lowest bptf value. One of the keys I sold was for 5.44, average price, and I got 10 adds after I sold it. Thanks for the info though, I just assumed because it was happening a lot and I never saw my adds get auto deleted, I always did it manually. Newbie mistake :P

Is it correct that your bp updates every time you view it?  That's all I do after my items sell and they seem to get removed.

Well I sold 2 bonk helmets and a tyrants helment (all dirty) using the classifieds last night. I log on today, browse the site a while and see somebody added me as a friend. They wanted a bonk helm I had sold 8 hours ago. I go to my classified listings and they are all still there (this is after viewing my own bp, which did not show the hats) and I manually removed them.

I guess you could change this suggestion to "Improve the auto delete system" instead of "Add an auto delete system"

Is it correct that your bp updates every time you view it? That's all I do after my items sell and they seem to get removed.

This is true. If you visit your inventory via backpack.tf, then it will automatically scan it therefore removing any items that you listed in the classifieds, but have been sold.

@Simply

also a key for 5.44 refined is cheap considering people are buying for 5.55-5.66 refined. Selling keys for anything less than top backpack.tf value and usually a little more is an insta-sell. I'm surprised you didn't get more adds.

Archived