850~ Gaming PC build

ParmesanChicken

Stole the format from reddit :)

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using?
Steam games most pc gaming 

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

850~875

When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.

Depends if find everything i need maybe in a week or so

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)
Tower/OS/Monitor 

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in?
United States NC 

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

The things i already have is K70 Corsair Keyboard Senesi RAW steelseries mouse 

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU? 

Yes.

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

No.

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

Window and LED lighting for sure 

Do you need a copy of Windows 7 or 8.1 included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference for one or the other?

I can probably on most the parts that might be needed for this build because my brother works at bestbuy and he gets discounts depending on the items

$750 ($1,000Gaming/Multi-Purpose Config OC
CPU: AMD FX-6300 $128
Mobo: ASRock 970-PRO3 R2.0 $87
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 $89
HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB $60
GPU: Gigabyte 2GB AMD Radeon R9 270 $191
Case: Coolermaster K282 $49
PSU: Antec Neo Eco 520C Bronze $77
ODD: DVD-RW Drive $20
CPU Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO $37
Peripherals: [ 23" LG 23EA53V-P / Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 / Logitech LS21 2.1 ] ($229)Total: $738 ($967)

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/rmp_sg_whirlpoolpcs_gaming_configs_1

Prices probably would be a lot cheaper over in the US tho. Waiting for AwesomeMcCoolName to demolish me :)

$750 ($1,000Gaming/Multi-Purpose Config OC

CPU: AMD FX-6300 $128

Mobo: ASRock 970-PRO3 R2.0 $87

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 $89

HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB $60

GPU: Gigabyte 2GB AMD Radeon R9 270 $191

Case: Coolermaster K282 $49

PSU: Antec Neo Eco 520C Bronze $77

ODD: DVD-RW Drive $20

CPU Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO $37

Peripherals: [ 23" LG 23EA53V-P / Microsoft Wired Desktop 600 / Logitech LS21 2.1 ] ($229)Total: $738 ($967)

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/rmp_sg_whirlpoolpcs_gaming_configs_1

Prices probably would be a lot cheaper over in the US tho. Waiting for AwesomeMcCoolName to demolish me :)

Ha not bad 

Yeah he probably will 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.94 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($108.78 @ NCIX US) 

Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($209.99 @ NCIX US) 

Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center) 

Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $903.64

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-11 12:32 EST-0500

A bit over budget. I'd get windows 8.1 from G2a.com for $27, they are MSDN keys, which aren't officially allowed for resale; but of all the people I know who've used it only a handful have had problems, and those problems didn't occur for a few years, so by that time you can just jump to w10. 

It's also worth noting, that an R9 290 is only $40~ more and its like 20% faster and has enough VRAM to be able to run 4k (if you get a second card down the road).

P.s. If you live near a Microcenter they have a very good deal on 4690k+Z97 board bundles. 

Unlike the multitude of other threads started with only one sentence. "Need halp building pc IDK what i need"; I just have to say thanks for using a format that answers every question that is needed to help you.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.94 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($108.78 @ NCIX US) 
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($209.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $898.64
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-11 11:31 EST-0500

A bit over budget. I'd get windows 8.1 from G2a.com for $27, they are MSDN keys, which aren't officially allowed for resale; but of all the people I know who've used it only a handful have had problems, and those problems didn't occur for a few years, so by that time you can just jump to w10. 

It's also worth noting, that an R9 290 is only $40~ more and its like 20% faster and has enough VRAM to be able to run 4k (if you get a second card down the road).

P.s. If you live near a Microcenter they have a very good deal on 4690k+Z97 board bundles. 

no ssd no os?

no ssd no os?

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

No.

no ssd no os?

An ssd doesn't improve gaming performance, and as far as I'm concerned gaming performance of a gaming computer is more important than having your computer turn on faster, or having your games launch faster. 

As for an OS, g2a.com like I said 

An ssd doesn't improve gaming performance, and as far as I'm concerned gaming performance of a gaming computer is more important than having your computer turn on faster, or having your games launch faster. 

As for an OS, g2a.com like I said 

Hm thanks for the help

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/J7fDhMThoughts on this build?

This is the best I could do

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($67.96 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 280 3GB IceQ OC Video Card  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Window ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $892.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-11 21:15 EST-0500

Someone who knows a lot about SSDs might be able to save you ~$20 or so, and get a better one, but I'm not that good. :(
Also, HIS is not that great. GPU prices are probably going to drop quite a bit in the upcoming months, so you can probably get something better for cheaper (I don't think HIS build quality or OC is bad, it's just so damn ugly lol)

Hm thanks for the help

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/J7fDhMThoughts on this build?

6300 is pretty poor for gaming. An i3 will outright beat a 6300 in gaming, and very often even an 8320. And you really need to be overclocking an FX chip, which requires an aftermarket cooler and a decent board, which makes it cheaper to go with a locked i5 (which will still perform better than either one -- unless of course he intends to stream whilst gaming, in which case the 8320 ends up being a decent choice as the extra threads do help for streaming). 

A Crucial MX100 would be a cheaper ssd, and just as good. 

Sub 240mm AIOs are kind of silly IMO as they don't perform much better than cheap air coolers.... Basically either go for a Hyper 212 for lighter overclocks or a 240mm+ AIO for heavier overclocking.

Thermaltake PSUs are average at best. EVGA and Corsair are pretty much the go to for cost/performance. 

And theres no reason to get an odd these days.

Also, HIS is not that great. GPU prices are probably going to drop quite a bit in the upcoming months, so you can probably get something better for cheaper (I don't think HIS build quality or OC is bad, it's just so damn ugly lol)

MX100 is an excellent ssd, and offers great price/performance. 

6300 is pretty poor for gaming. An i3 will outright beat a 6300 in gaming, and very often even an 8320. And you really need to be overclocking an FX chip, which requires an aftermarket cooler and a decent board, which makes it cheaper to go with a locked i5 (which will still perform better than either one -- unless of course he intends to stream whilst gaming, in which case the 8320 ends up being a decent choice as the extra threads do help for streaming). 

An Crucial MX100 would be a cheaper ssd, and just as good. 

Sub 240mm AIOs are kind of silly IMO as they don't perform much better than cheap air coolers.... Bascially either go for a Hyper 212 for lighter overclocks or a 240mm+ AIO for heavier overclocking. 

hm thanks for your help :)

Archived