Require key suggesters to own keys

cares

I don't get why this is conversation is necessary. You saw the thread title, post 4 times and then finally realize it's for a specific item?

I don't think this would be a good idea. I could easily make a good key suggestion but i don't have time/am lazy. And i don't have any keys in my bp. Like srsl, my bp is worth <10 keys so yeah, but im still good in suggestion and understand economics clearly. 

I don't think this would be a good idea. I could easily make a good key suggestion but i don't have time/am lazy. And i don't have any keys in my bp. Like srsl, my bp is worth <10 keys so yeah, but im still good in suggestion and understand economics clearly. 

There would probably have to be a rep condition as well. You have almost 500 rep, maybe 500 or a bit less would be fine.

&amp;amp;nbsp;

If people don't read the rules, why would they read that notice?

Because it'll be a pop-up warning, to alert the people that don't actually read the rules. I doubt these trolls put in the time to read the rules but I'm sure they'll read a pop-up warning. IP bans sway people because I'm sure some of the people who troll are just posting on secondary accounts. It won't stop troll suggestions completely, but I'm sure it'll lower the amount of them. Worth a try.

There would probably have to be a rep condition as well. You have almost 500 rep, maybe 500 or a bit less would be fine.

Well, i got that from blingvoting and free rep suggestions so yeah, i just generally dont like the idea of rep, but then there isn't a better way.

Well, i got that from blingvoting and free rep suggestions so yeah, i just generally dont like the idea of rep, but then there isn't a better way.

If that's all you have and you claim to be too lazy to make a suggestion I think this proposed system is fine, I doubt it will affect any legitimate users and for those who would, they would probably try to get the prerequisites.

Because it'll be a pop-up warning, to alert the people that don't actually read the rules. I doubt these trolls put in the time to read the rules but I'm sure they'll read a pop-up warning. IP bans sway people because I'm sure some of the people who troll are just posting on secondary accounts. It won't stop troll suggestions completely, but I'm sure it'll lower the amount of them. Worth a try.

If I was greeted with a pop-up, I would close it immediately and reconfigure my pop-up blocker.

As you can see, usually half the suggestions per page is made by people who don't own any keys. Every accepted suggestion's suggester seem to have keys. Here's the last three which were accepted, all of which had keys -

And why should we accept a solution that only solves half the problem, exactly?

rep-barrierrrrr

And why should we accept a solution that only solves half the problem, exactly?

rep-barrierrrrr

...for keys only. That'd require you to have 10 keys in backpack value as peak, OR at least one key. A third rep condition could be added as well.

I don't get why this is conversation is necessary. You saw the thread title, post 4 times and then finally realize it's for a specific item?

But you're holding back this entire idea by insisting people own keys. A rep requirement on it's own would be all that's necessary.

I'm all for putting a limitation on who can suggest on keys, but you're coming at it completely the wrong way and that's upsetting when within that wrong approach is a good idea.

nobody is paying attention to the point i made...

why?

Because it wasn't just you. But, the point's a valid one. I haven't had keys for ages until VERY recently. And if you're putting a minimum of 10 on it, too bad, because I only have seven.

The key limit serves no purpose to the community.

Instead of a lousy 7 day ban for troll suggestions, how about backpack.tf slaps a nice warning before posting a suggestion saying "if you attempt to post any troll suggestions, you'll be banned permanantly via your account & IP" not in those words exactly, just something along those lines. It might lower the troll suggestions just a little.

That would make the complainers think that BP.TF is trying to "silence them" by permanently blocking them off the site, which would make them even more vocal. It's a little too harsh, and it isn't the message I'd like to see sent.

This would just reinforce the stereotype that people rich in tf2 make all the currency suggestions, which leads to more anger and dislike for us.

Plus it will make a lot of folks buy a key just to abuse the system, making 1 key the new zero keys.

Archived