A suggestion question.

LeHueHue

It's still unclear to me, so can someone explain to me the *0.9 overpay rule? Like, when do I apply it correctly?

And also would like a clarification on what a Mini is and how to apply it to my suggestion.

Thanks.

From what i have gathered, you usually put it on when someone is paying with an item that isn't pure (i.e. hats, stranges, etc.) This is what i think it means, don't quote me on that.

For unusuals mainly if I'm not mistaken, used when a hat is offered on something else. An example:

Burning Team Captain offered on Burning KE

540 * 0.9 = 486 buds

If the item being priced was offered for the item it sold for then no overpay needed.

When to apply overpay:

If pricing hat A.

If hat A was offered on hat B then you do not take overpay on the price of hat B. Simply use the up to date price

If hat B was offered on hat A then you take overpay on the current price of hat B as the price for hat A

When to use Mini-Suggestions:

You need to provide mini-suggestions (or full suggestions if you have enough proof) for any Outdated or Unpriced Hats/Items used in a trade.

Examples include:

Any Hat with a 3 month+ price (will have the outdated symbol on the pricelist)

Professional Killstreak Weapons/kits (generally based on steam market value and possibly bounded by open buyouts on outpost/classifieds)

Unpriced Unusuals

Mini-suggestions are generally based on 1 or 2 sales as well as buyouts if the previous price was significantly higher than the current buyouts for the item.

For unusuals mainly if I'm not mistaken, used when a hat is offered on something else. An example:

Burning Team Captain offered on Burning KE

540 * 0.9 = 486 buds

If the item being priced was offered for the item it sold for then no overpay needed.

Does it work for the actual trade as well, so if the Burning Team Captain was traded for the Burning KE do I still do the *0.9 to the team captain?

When to apply overpay:

If pricing hat A.

If hat A was offered on hat B then you do not take overpay on the price of hat B. Simply use the up to date price

If hat B was offered on hat A then you take overpay on the current price of hat B as the price for hat A

When to use Mini-Suggestions:

You need to provide mini-suggestions (or full suggestions if you have enough proof) for any Outdated or Unpriced Hats/Items used in a trade.

Examples include:

Any Hat with a 3 month+ price (will have the outdated symbol on the pricelist)

Professional Killstreak Weapons/kits (generally based on steam market value and possibly bounded by open buyouts on outpost/classifieds)

Unpriced Unusuals

Mini-suggestions are generally based on 1 or 2 sales as well as buyouts if the previous price was significantly higher than the current buyouts for the item.

So, if let's say Hat A was traded for Hat B, would I still do the overpay or is it just for offers only?

So, if let's say Hat A was traded for Hat B, would I still do the overpay or is it just for offers only?

Offers don't really matter much. Prices should be based on actual trades made. Assuming hat B was offered on the trade for hat A and then the Trade went through then you apply overpay to the price of hat B in order to determine the value of the trade. If hat A was offered on hat B and then the trade occurred then no overpay is applied. What it means to be offered on is simply who approached who for the trade to happen. In most cases you will apply overpay to non-pure.

For items with a range, it's generally also accepted to take the low range instead of mid *0.9 so if something has a range of 8-10 you could either take 8 or 9*0.9=8.1 since 8 is a cleaner number, and easier to calculate I always took the low range if it existed

Archived