Benefits/Cons of Card Trading?

Uncle Dong

I have been thinking of buying and selling trading cards but i want to know the pros and cons

I currently have 3 keys and 8 Ref

Whats the chance of making profit? (I will be buying them at 1 scrap each)

if you pay out 1.1 scrap (1 extra scrap for 10 cards) you will get a significantly higher number of sellers. The whole process will be incredibly slow though no matter what.

Thanks thats was sooo helpful i just made 420 buds

Well what did you expect someone to tell you a magical way to triple that 3keys + 8refs you have? :l

Imo i would start by flipping items (Buy low sell higher) as long as it's a somewhat popular item you can easily make 0.33-0.66refs per flip and when you build up to ~9keys you can start flipping trash tier unusuals (i.e. buy for 9 sell for 10) from here on out it should be easier to make profit. Trash tiers flip pretty fast as long as you dont buy really unwanted effects.

Flipping cards is like scrap banking, really reallllllly slow profit.

Well what did you expect someone to tell you a magical way to triple that 3keys + 8refs you have? :l

Imo i would start by flipping items (Buy low sell higher) as long as it's a somewhat popular item you can easily make 0.33-0.66refs per flip and when you build up to ~9keys you can start flipping trash tier unusuals (i.e. buy for 9 sell for 10) from here on out it should be easier to make profit. Trash tiers flip pretty fast as long as you dont buy really unwanted effects.

Flipping cards is like scrap banking, really reallllllly slow profit.

So buy craft hats at 1 ref and sell at 1.33 or 1.66 imma try that

So buy craft hats at 1 ref and sell at 1.33 or 1.66 imma try that

Absolutely not.  Craft hats are the hardest kind of items to quickbuy.

If you're going to go with cosmetics, try 1.66-3 ref items, buying a bit below their low end price.

There are tons of items you can flip. It's just a matter of how easy it will be to resell, so you can get more.

Flipping Cards: this will obviously make you profit, but there's a limit on how many trades you can do through the Community Market (go find out how to bypass that limit if you live in America). It's also very slow.

Flipping Hats:

Absolutely not.  Craft hats are the hardest kind of items to quickbuy.

If you're going to go with cosmetics, try 1.66-3 ref items, buying a bit below their low end price.

Flipping Keys: Most people want to buy keys because of the current key climbing marathon, so that's not going to help unless you can find the perfect balance. Which someone has probably done by now.

Flipping Buds: Similar problem as keys.

Flipping Killstreaks: Eh, slow. I personally don't like it, except with really popular items (especially if you're getting it as a kit or on a strange). Remember that if a kit's applied, the killstreak goes down in value.

So, what's my answer? Flip what you can, as long as it sells well. What works for me is I look for trades that are selling below the lowest price on backpack.tf, then resell for a tiny margin of profit there. Eventually, it works, because it's the lowest price. (I use trade.tf to look for trades, try using that. You'll need a head though.)

(I type too much

Archived