How fast will the economy fall if...

AlfieOmega

If I were to collect all Earbuds, and delete every one of them, how will it affect the economy? Will unusuals go down because there is no medium to price them or will there be a need for a ridiculously high amount of key asking? Will it increase key price?

And, if I gave away the last one to an ordinary trader, how fast will he/she will realize they have the last surviving Earbud? Do you think they will trade it away soon enough or will they keep it as a token?

I have many more questions if I were to do this, but these are the main things on my mind. Tell me any other effects if you've thought of any.

It won't fall.

Say we have 1 dollar, and 10 dollars. 1 dollar is a key, 10 dollars is a bud. As you can see you need ten 1 dollar bills for it to be 10 dollars. If the 10 dollar bill was to be removed from circulation it wouldn't really make a difference. You will only need a far more 1 dollar bills than a single 10 dollar bills. 

Unusuals will not go down since buds are also priced in keys. Keys will be the currency used for unusuals in the end. 

Keys are fairly used for multiple items in tf2. I'm guessing it will still increase if buds were ever to dissapear, but since buds have dissapeared and the key use have been reduced, i'm not quite sure.

That single earbud will be either worthless or it will be a collector's item in tf2. Depends really.

It won't fall.

Say we have 1 dollar, and 10 dollars. 1 dollar is a key, 10 dollars is a bud. As you can see you need ten 1 dollar bills for it to be 10 dollars. If the 10 dollar bill was to be removed from circulation it wouldn't really make a difference. You will only need a far more 1 dollar bills than a single 10 dollar bills. 

That single earbud will be either worthless or it will be a collector's item in tf2. Depends really.

Well, since this will never happen, I don't think it's worth worrying about.

But if it did, I'd have to say that a lot of traders would move to replace the bud, or find the last few hidden in private/dead account's backpacks. They'd realize that there's more out there that no one can reach, and they'd go after those by pestering the user or waiting out the dead accounts. 

There's also the high possibility that another limited item like the BMOC, Bill, or possibly the Holiday Headcase could replace the earbud. 

Your last question depends entirely on the trader. Personally, I'd keep it. I love the way Earbuds look, so if I had the very last one, I'd keep it to myself. 

It won't fall.

The mid to high tier unusual market would suffer, since it would be a pain in the ass to keep track of so many keys in one trade.  Multiple trades to a middleman would be needed to make these trades go smoother, and middleman scams would become more common.

That's really about it, I think.  The economy would do fine without earbuds IMO.  Something would eventually fill the void.

If I were to collect all Earbuds, and delete every one of them, how will it affect the economy? Will unusuals go down because there is no medium to price them or will there be a need for a ridiculously high amount of key asking? Will it increase key price?

And, if I gave away the last one to an ordinary trader, how fast will he/she will realize they have the last surviving Earbud? Do you think they will trade it away soon enough or will they keep it as a token?

I have many more questions if I were to do this, but these are the main things on my mind. Tell me any other effects if you've thought of any.

So you're gonna delete all 82021 buds

That's over 250k$

That's over 250k$

I estimate around 270k usd, and that's not accounting for dupes.  There's also the problem of what happens when people find out you're buying up all the buds.  The price will start to go up as you collect more of them.

That's over 250k$

Easy fix, just keep one or two and sell them for a really high price, like more than half the price to buy all of them. Someone would buy one.

Archived