Economy in the future?

Private_Potato

I read a guide created by blue4n in the TF2 guides section which talked about the economy. He highlights a time when keys were priced at 2.55 ref, but now keys are at 10 ref. Can someone make an overview/create an explanation summarising the implications of the future and the economy in TF2?
Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333389464

Lol he is wrong keys started at like 1 ref.

Eh in the future what we can expect is:

Bills go to shit

Buds take drops, then rises a bit, then drops even more, rises a bit etc. slowly dropping

Keys value in ref will continue to rise and maybe eventually become stable

Ref keeps dropping as it is hyper inflated

Bills go to shit

Buds take drops, then rises a bit, then drops even more, rises a bit etc. slowly dropping

So, assuming that this happens, people who trade often will be most affected?

Note: I am a n00b at this, so i'm trying to soak up as much intel/facts as possible.

Bills go to shit

I remember being in a trade server maybe a year ago and seeing Bills go for 8 keys, they are now 4. Bills have already gone to shit.

I remember being in a trade server maybe a year ago and seeing Bills go for 8 keys, they are now 4. Bills have already gone to shit.

I remember when the days when i used black/white bills as 0.5 buds. But by shit, i mean like 2 keys.

Bills use tobe super stable, like for 1 or 2 years or something they were stable

He misses out on many key reasons as to why metal is useless.

1) Valve removed "dirty hats", because a hat was "dirty" was one of the main reasons why people crafted. That update essentially destroyed the point of crafting.

2) Idling, at one point we had users with 300+ accounts all idling for free metal and buying keys was the easy way to turn it to irl money. I remember that guy who was bitching because valve banned all his 400+ alts.

3) Back when keys were ~1.25usd (2-2.33 ref) we had a constant supply of carded keys, after valve hammered down on them it slowed down the source of cheap keys to the economy.

Yeah but Bills were 8 keys (at 2.66 each) and now they are at 4 keys (at 10 ref each). Technically the Bill's price in ref raised.

My personal opinion on the reason that bills and buds are dropping is because of SCM. Valve allows us to put it up there. Once the prices reach the Scm level, then it will be stable.

Yeah but Bills were 8 keys (at 2.66 each) and now they are at 4 keys (at 10 ref each). Technically the Bill's price in ref raised.

Bill's dropped because they became marketable.  The same thing happened with stranges.   These drops had nothing or very, very little to do with the price of keys.   

when an item that has 70000+ copies that make it super unstable buds are still retain some value cause there is only 250 of those up on market.

when a lot of ppl decides to sell at once for funds buds will crash even more

this is expected to happen next summer during summer sales.

the only way to protect your investments is to purchase extremely rare items that are marketable and retain their value over time,aussies collectors,vintages,genuines are the only qualities that qualifies also the new strange limited halloween marketable items seems to be the next big thing in our economy..

I am allready trying to flip my profits to those hats I expect them to sky rocket after the halloween is over the strangifiers will determine the prices for those hats.

aka don't follow what is mainstream there is a very small profit if any to be made for such a common unique items as buds and bills.

Archived