Halloween Strangifiers

E-Arkham

Going by the steam market, the Halloween Strangifiers (HHHH, Juju, Spinechilling skull, etc) started out selling in the $5-6 range, then quickly rose to $10ish, and now they're few and far between and fetching $25+.  No juju strangifiers are on the market at all right now.

I'd try to find providing some info on pricing from trading sites, but strangifiers are extremely difficult to find due to how search works on strangifiers.

What's going on?  Did these stop getting unboxed?

They did come out of the unlocked halloween crates, right?

They're all for achievement items which are untradeable. Normally, strangifiers go onto tradeable items which can then become part of the trade market again, so that a potential buyer can choose between an already strangified version or the strangifier itself.  It amounts to more supply and more competition among sellers.  Since many of the strangifiers are going onto untradeable achievement items, that's not really happening a lot here.

People failed to realize this at first, which is why the prices rose so dramatically.  That's my theory.  People are also valuing these things highly (speculative valuation) because they know they'll be unobtainable after the event is over in 8 days.

Hrm, interesting.  That's likely part of it.

But these strangifiers come from the unlocked crates as an uncommon/semi-rare unbox, correct?  As long as those crates are being opened, I'd think there should be more strangifiers coming into the market than there are.

They didn't come only from the cauldrons, did they?  I thought everything out of the cauldrons was untradeable.

They come from the halloween boxes, yes.  I don't think a lot of those are being unboxed anymore.  The hype died fast.  All the stuff in them is holiday restricted.  You can get halloween unusuals out of ANY crate unboxed right now, and so the majority of uncratings are still being done with normal keys.  That's why the mannco keys are still going up so much.  As for the cauldrons, I'm not aware that they they drop strangifiers, and if they did, they wouldn't be tradeable anyway.  Everything out of those are untradeable.

I also don't think that the strangifiers are as common of an unbox as you are assuming that they are.

But these strangifiers come from the unlocked crates as an uncommon/semi-rare unbox, correct?  As long as those crates are being opened, I'd think there should be more strangifiers coming into the market than there are.

They didn't come only from the cauldrons, did they?  I thought everything out of the cauldrons was untradeable.

1. Rare than what you are thinking, but yeah. More uncrates leads to more strangifiers. The initial crate hype has since fizzled since though.

2. Not from cauldrons at all.

They're all for achievement items which are untradeable.

Strange Tradeable Gibuses and HHH Head and HHH Headtaker exist.

Strange Tradeable Gibuses and HHH Head and HHH Headtaker exist.

Yeah I know, but thanks for sharing.  It's because they existed before the strangifiers came out, in case anyone is wondering.  I even have a tradeable gibus in my backpack.

My gibus, juju, spine-chilling skulls, and headtaker are all tradeable.  Didn't even realize the headtaker wasn't normally tradeable until a few months ago.

I'm guessing the strangifier unbox rate is around 5%.  Definitely not as high as 10%, and definitely not as low as unusuals. 

I'm wondering if it's worth opening a couple dozen unlockable crates to try and get one... the numbers don't look good though.  Unboxing 1 $30 strangifier only pays for 12 unlocked crates... and could just as easily get one of the cheap strangifiers (the mask, horsemann's head).

0/10 was no gumbo strangifier.

So you want them to have to add strangifiers for the entire 2013 Halloween update? They can't just do one item from the update.

Gib me a Burny Strangifier. I NEED IT!

All of the Strange halloween items except for the Mildly Disturbing Halloween Mask, the non-Ghastlierest Gibusii, and the Necro Smasher can be gift-wrapped. Plus, rare clean versions exist for some of them. I went over the system in my own thread I made last week.

Going by the steam market, the Halloween Strangifiers (HHHH, Juju, Spinechilling skull, etc) started out selling in the $5-6 range, then quickly rose to $10ish, and now they're few and far between and fetching $25+.  No juju strangifiers are on the market at all right now.

I'd try to find providing some info on pricing from trading sites, but strangifiers are extremely difficult to find due to how search works on strangifiers.

What's going on?  Did these stop getting unboxed?

They did come out of the unlocked halloween crates, right?

HHHHeadtaker/HHHHead/voodoo juju/spine chilling skull(2011)/ghastliriest gibus are all tradable=marketable.

as an example http://backpack.tf/stats/Strange/Spine-Chilling%20Skull%202011/Tradable/Non-Craftable

only 12 are strange as we speak according to stats.tf that makes them extremely rare given the fact theres only 8 days to go until you can unbox them they wont get more than 50 maybe 60 of each in stranges quality that makes them extremely desired from collectors all over the world,that is the main reason you see them selling so high on steam market.

I expect those to triple in price the least after 12-11-2014.

wont be a big surprise for me I have already sold 3 of those skulls for 100 euro each.

so it is to be expected.

HHHHeadtaker/HHHHead/voodoo juju/spine chilling skull(2011)/ghastliriest gibus are all tradable=marketable.

as an example http://backpack.tf/stats/Strange/Spine-Chilling%20Skull%202011/Tradable/Non-Craftable

only 12 are strange as we speak according to stats.tf that makes them extremely rare

http://stats.tf/faq

"When an inventory is opened in our TF2 Backpack Explorer, the profile gets updated in the database. Since the contents of the inventory has already been fetched, that same data is simply compiled almost instantly via a background process, invisible to the user. Inactive profiles are not included in the 'oldest' data shown above. For the profile to get scanned again, it will need to be checked using the backpack explorer site once it has become public or contains items. For a profile to get considered active, it needs to contain an item with id above 609744265. (This is estimated around winter update time) Wasting API calls on those, just in case it becomes active again, is a waste of resources and prevents us from updating active backpacks.

The Steam Web API Terms of Use indicate a limit of 100,000 api calls per day. Counters have been implemented to ensure that the imposed limit is not breached. Hopefully in the future the limit can be raised, but for now this will do."

So basically, when there are new items, the number of them shown on stats.tf is far less reliable.  In other words, it hasn't spotted many of them yet because it doesn't actually see every backpack at the same time.  Keep that in mind.  12 of an item on stats.tf only means 12 have been spotted so far.  It doesn't mean that only 12 exist.

http://stats.tf/faq

"When an inventory is opened in our TF2 Backpack Explorer, the profile gets updated in the database. Since the contents of the inventory has already been fetched, that same data is simply compiled almost instantly via a background process, invisible to the user. Inactive profiles are not included in the 'oldest' data shown above. For the profile to get scanned again, it will need to be checked using the backpack explorer site once it has become public or contains items. For a profile to get considered active, it needs to contain an item with id above 609744265. (This is estimated around winter update time) Wasting API calls on those, just in case it becomes active again, is a waste of resources and prevents us from updating active backpacks.

The Steam Web API Terms of Use indicate a limit of 100,000 api calls per day. Counters have been implemented to ensure that the imposed limit is not breached. Hopefully in the future the limit can be raised, but for now this will do."

So basically, when there are new items, the number of them shown on stats.tf is far less reliable.  In other words, it hasn't spotted many of them yet because it doesn't actually see every backpack at the same time.  Keep that in mind.  12 of an item on stats.tf only means 12 have been spotted so far.  It doesn't mean that only 12 exist.

inactive backpacks or backpacks that are not scanned from bp.tf are items usually  purchased in the market from ppl that don't trade but buy.those items at 70% of the time do not return on trades ever.

If we assume we bought an item we liked for 100 euro through the market there is pretty much zero chances to trade that item for something else.given the fact we had 100 euro on our funds we would be able to buy whatever unusual or whatnot we wanted on the first place.

that fact can only conclude to the result that those items in strangequality will be the most rare strange items up for trades from now on.

since the most popular strangifier and more expensive till date was the bacon grease (witch was a weapon strangifier)it is safe to assume that the prices for those items even if the reach some hundreds will still be significant higher than anything else we ve seen so far.

I will be more than surprised to see more than 100 of each in strange quality after the halloween

the wise move right now is to hoard those tools of the trade like nothing in tf2 history.

ppl that sell them for 5-10 keys obviously have no idea how much money a person can spend for something that rare in this game.

inactive backpacks or backpacks that are not scanned from bp.tf are items usually  purchased in the market from ppl that don't trade but buy.those items at 70% of the time do not return on trades ever.

Um... this sentence seem incoherent to me, but I will respond to what I think you were trying to say...

Every item has 2 ID's.  The first ID is the original ID.  This is the ID it was given when it was created.  This ID is ALWAYS the same and for this reason can be used to check for dupes.  The 2nd ID is changed every time the item is transferred (traded/taken from the market) or modified (tagged/painted/strangified/etc) and so continues to increment.  Yes, even if it was obtained from the community market.

You can verify this for yourself.  Take a crate that you got from a drop.  List it on the community market and then take it down.  It'll have a new item ID.  The item history will now show your name twice as well.  One entry for each ID.

Which ID is being looked at to judge whether an account is active?  Well if you just want to look at activity and not care about the age of the items themselves, then it's not the original ID but the one that is changed every time the item is modified or transferred that matters.  Higher ID's of this type will show activity even if only very old items are being traded.  However if we only care about how old the items are then we'd want to look at the original ID.

Um... this sentence seem incoherent to me, but I will respond to what I think you were trying to say...

Every item has 2 ID's.  The first ID is the original ID.  This is the ID it was given when it was created.  This ID is ALWAYS the same and for this reason can be used to check for dupes.  The 2nd ID is changed every time the item is transferred (traded/taken from the market) or modified (tagged/painted/strangified/etc) and so continues to increment.  Yes, even if it was obtained from the community market.

You can verify this for yourself.  Take a crate that you got from a drop.  List it on the community market and then take it down.  It'll have a new item ID.  The item history will now show your name twice as well.  One entry for each ID.

Which ID is being looked at to judge whether an account is active?  Well if you just want to look at activity and not care about the age of the items themselves, then it's not the original ID but the one that is changed every time the item is modified or transferred that matters.  Higher ID's of this type will show activity even if only very old items are being traded.  However if we only care about how old the items are then we'd want to look at the original ID.

I know all that.never asked anything remotely relevant to that.

bottom line and my final answer to your thread is the basics of trading

those items belong to the most desired items of all times in tf2

demand has surpass the offer by much dont get surprise if you see them sell for triple the price the next day after the halloween.

Archived