Your thoughts on feminism.

λngelღмander

Feminism claims to be a movement centered around giving women equal rights to men. Which is fine. However, more often than not, you find feminists demonizing men, the "patriarchy", and making themselves seem angelic. A prime example of this is the whole Zoe Quinn scandal. She tries to seem like the only innocent one in the whole scandal, and she's a proud feminist, by the way, she solicits sex for publicity for her games, and when the gig is up, she tries to pin the blame on everyone else.

Feminism seems to be a movement for the oppression of men, not a quest for equality, and I think most feminists know that and support it anyway.

Anyway, lets have a discussion about it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feminism is NOT what you think it is.

Misandry is what the activists say in terms of 'Men are pigs and evil bastards', when they claim they are being persecuted for being female. Misandrists are the evil ones (Like Anita WhateverHerNameIs)

Feminism today is about giving equal wages to women to men, as well as equal rights. Not giving women better right than men, but equal rights.

Feminism? Sure.

Misandry? No.

Feminism is NOT what you think it is.

Misandry is the activists that think 'Men are pigs and evil bastards.' Misandrists are the evil ones (Like Anita WhateverHerNameIs)

Feminism today is about giving equal wages to women to men, as well as equal rights.

Equal wages, equal rights. Not equal responsibilities, equal prosecution, equal treatment. Because misandrists are the face of the movement, it obscures the movement's true motives. And then you say "Well that means they're not all bad". And you would be right. But just because some lions don't kill doesn't mean we shouldn't be afraid of all lions, eh?

Equal wages, equal rights. Not equal responsibilities, equal prosecution, equal treatment. Because misandrists are the face of the movement, it obscures the movement's true motives. And then you say "Well that means they're not all bad". And you would be right. But just because some lions don't kill doesn't mean we shouldn't be afraid of all lions, eh?

What I'm saying is that True Feminists actually do the right thing, and Misandrists are the one calling us pigs.

I never said all Feminists are good either. Don't put words into my mouth please <3

What I'm saying is that True Feminists actually do the right thing, and Misandrists are the one calling us pigs.

I never said all Feminists are good either. Don't put words into my mouth please <3

Of course. Honestly, when I first heard about feminism, I was like "Oh cool!". Then I ended up on 4chan, and I learned to hate women with a passion. Misogyny. Every time I thought about women, and the way I used to think about women, I was shocked to see how greatly my views changed. I try to take anything I read about women with a grain of salt now, lest I fall back into that train of thought. Either way, I still don't like feminism as a movement, because they're all pro choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro-life_feminism

Yes, I realize this exists, but it's not very common and a little dated.

There are good feminists who believe in equality between genders, and there are bad feminists who want to paint men as evil and who continually overplay the victim card.  You can spot the bad kind because they are constantly throwing accusations of misogyny, bigotry, "pro-rape"/"rape apologist", "internalized misogyny", etc. at people and using various other bullying tactics.  The bad kind of feminists also have an obsession with the use of propaganda and have an aversion to rational criticism of their ideas.  They do not address criticism.  They don't even try.  They just use deflection tactics and keep playing the victim card and labeling people.

I prefer to be a misanthrope and hate everybody.

Yeah. I used to be this way, but I developed a sense of humor and I now enjoy being around people. People make me happy. For the most part.

Many that claim to be "feminists" take it far beyond simple equality. The Anita lady is called out by other feminists for being somewhat fringe in her views compared to the main part of the movement. Realistically any policy that takes into account gender whether it is law or private practice is inherently gender biased.  

all i think about when feminism crosses my mind is bias opinions, angry female teens, sjw, victimization and the overuse of female double standards as if there are none for the opposite sex.

in my opinion, in todays youthful-and-modern culture the movement doesnt serve the same morals and purpose as it used to (for the most part). 

it just really revs me up when i hear people rub it in my face in public settings like i give a fuck about their (that specific person's) opinion.

i want equality, not pms anger bc someone told u that u dressed like a slut yesterday

makes me want them to lose.

Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

there are double standards of each sex

Yes exactly. Have any of you noticed that the tumblr people who identify with animals all seem to be feminists? 

Also, if there were a masculinism movement, it would be crushed by SJW's, conventional feminists, and basically all women involved in feminism in any way, regardless of it's possible validity. 

I'm all for equal rights for both genders.

The people you describe aren't really what I'd call feminists, since (from my knowledge), it (feminism) is supposed to be about equal rights and fair treatment.

I think it's absolutely fair, especially due to the fact that women have less rights mainly due to sexism. Nothing wrong with it, except when they take it beyond that to misandry levels.

I think it's absolutely fair, especially due to the fact that women have less rights mainly due to sexism. Nothing wrong with it, except when they take it beyond that to misandry levels.

I'm fine with Feminism

I'm not fine with Feminazis

I think it's absolutely fair, especially due to the fact that women have less rights mainly due to sexism.

Name one right women don't have that men do.  Just one.

There is gender inequality, but it's a social problem, not an issue of equal rights.  Women are far less likely to be homeless.  Men have to pay alimony on top of child support.  Men don't have all the support groups and public awareness about their problems that women do.  Women make up a very small minority of the prison population.  The vast majority of murder victims are men.  Men have the vast majority of hazardous jobs.  Men on average have a lower life expectancy than women.

Women face gender based issues too.  I'm not denying that.  But again, unless you are talking about the third world, these are social problems, not problems with having unequal rights.

Emma watson gave an interesting little speech about the skewed perspective society has on modern feminism compared to what its fundamental ideals should be.

Name one right women don't have that men do.  Just one.

There is gender inequality, but it's a social problem, not an issue of equal rights.  Women are far less likely to be homeless.  Men have to pay alimony on top of child support.  Men don't have all the support groups and public awareness about their problems that women do.  Women make up a very small minority of the prison population.  The vast majority of murder victims are men.  Men have the vast majority of hazardous jobs.  Men on average have a lower life expectancy than women.

Women face gender based issues too.  I'm not denying that.  But again, unless you are talking about the third world, these are social problems, not problems with having unequal rights.

If i punch a woman im a piece of shit if i punch a man its normal...

If i punch a woman im a piece of shit if i punch a man its normal...

It's not normal to punch ANYONE unless you're in a sports boxing match or similar.  It's just more frowned upon to hit women because they are generally less physically strong than men.  You shouldn't be hitting anyone in the first place anyway.

Archived