Apatheism

♥Prof. Sugarcube♥

Apatheism has to be the laziest goddamn thing I've ever heard. Too damn lazy to choose a religion or choose not to have one. I feel like this is your excuse for not having a belief. It's a copout. You're not willing to take a side because you're afraid to be wrong. 

That relates more towards agnostic than apathiesm, but even then that's horrifically inaccurate and stupid.

I pleases me to see two people of different religions express their beliefs, and both parties be fine with it. Furthermore, it enlightens me if these people are friends. If Apatheism provokes friendlier relationships with other religions (which it should, unless you dont like fence-sitters), then im all fine with it.

I personally dont like fence-sitters, I like to see people with conviction and attitude in them. But when it comes to a religion, its a whole different story. Religion is ment to be free, personal, outreaching. Its your choice, and no one can stop you. Liberality is definately encouraged.

hmm. So what does this make me?

• I believe there's a god
  • I'm not religious whatsoever
  • Don't really care if people are in a different religion. People are people

For me it's just, to every man's his own.

I also totally agree with Tron^^ I personally like to see people express their beliefs.

EDIT: Terrible typo fixed but forever recorded in SSJ's post :c

• Don't care if people people believe what they want.

I also totally agree with Tron^^ I personally like to see people express their beliefs.

I believe that's Non-religious.

Isn't that non-practicing <insert religion here>?

theist

Well that is just a giant umbrella, but correct. Depending on how you would define the actions of the god you believe it would give you a further subsection.

Well that is just a giant umbrella, but correct. Depending on how you would define the actions of the god you believe i would give you a further subsection.

Yeah.  Like Deist.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

I don't think he's a deist though, but it sounds like he might lean that way in some respects.

Yeah.  Like Deist.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

I don't think he's a deist though, but it sounds like he might lean that way in some respects.

Indeed, and even Christianity, Islamic, and basically any other religion under the sun that has a god or gods in some form is umbrella'd under the category of Theism. More information would be needed to further classify.

Indeed, and even Christianity, Islamic, and basically any other religion under the sun that has a god or gods in some form is umbrella'd under the category of Theism. More information would be needed to further classify.

christians and muslims believe in the same god, they just think he said some different things

Deism. Heard and knew of it but never really looked into it.

Just did a quick skim on the topic and I guess yeah. I'm a Deist (or at least agree with a lot of its aspects. idk) I believe in reason,science and can agree that some, if not, most things taught in church are sketchy/wrong. But still think that there's a god out there.  i dunno

Just my belief. Don't hate me for it.

christians and muslims believe in the same god, they just think he said some different things

It's the same with Jews and kinda the same as Hindus I think

Apatheism has to be the laziest goddamn thing I've ever heard. Too damn lazy to choose a religion or choose not to have one. I feel like this is your excuse for not having a belief. It's a copout. You're not willing to take a side because you're afraid to be wrong. 

afraid to be wrong about what?

religion is a belief, and you can believe whatever you want

I am now officially a Toaster Boner since apparently not being a Toaster Boner makes me lazy

When I'm ask my religion

I take it as a rude question

But I always say non religious because it sound friendlier than IM AN ATHIEST

But I always say non religious because it sound friendlier than IM AN ATHIEST

Well if you scream either phrase, neither would be all too friendly

When I'm ask my religion

I take it as a rude question

you don't have to answer

"I don't discuss religion with strangers" is what I often say.  You can also say "I don't feel comfortable discussing religion", or "I don't feel like I know you well enough to get into those kinds of personal discussions."  Usually gets the message across.  If it doesn't stop them from pursuing the question, then you know you're dealing with an asshole.  Raise your voice slightly: "Excuse me, but I said I didn't want to talk about religion.", and then walk away.  

Make them feel like an asshole for asking.

Archived