Unusual Overpay/Suggestion Question

Jymotion

I don't make or vote on unusual suggestions very often, but I'm curious about something.  When valuing unusual offers, I understand that you consider unusual overpay.  When calculating that, do you use the hat's suggested value from this site?  If so, doesn't that create a problem that piggybacks the problem of values changing with currencies changing?

For example, say I suggested a value for a hat, then the currencies changed, causing the value I suggested to drop.  I, like many people have done, would like to resubmit the old price.  However, The unusual offers on that hat are now all worth less due to the currency change.  Are the hats truly worth less or should the overpay calculation be made with the original buds/key values that the hat was suggested with?

Am I overstating the issue or does this really cause Unusual valuation to be a clusterfuck?  I don't intend on this being another "stop saving the $usd values" thread.  I'm just curious how people have gone about valuing unusuals anymore.

why is why nearly all my suggestions is bumping up w/ pure offers. The low tier unusuals can still be bumped down though.

For example, say I suggested a value for a hat, then the currencies changed, causing the value I suggested to drop.  I, like many people have done, would like to resubmit the old price.  However, The unusual offers on that hat are now all worth less due to the currency change.  Are the hats truly worth less or should the overpay calculation be made with the original buds/key values that the hat was suggested with?

But Bp.tf says this, scammer!! Yes, the unusuals have lost value and are worth less now. Because offers will only reflect bp.tf prices. On common unusuals.

Only rare cases when bp.tf price doesnt matter, god tier and super rare unusuals <- these usually never follow bpf price anyways.  

Might be a good idea to see what the offered unusual is getting offered lately. There's a lot of occasions where people will buy a hat higher than the backpack.tf suggested price. And about the currency change, you shouldn't really need to worry about it, unless there's a huge problem and has rendered the suggested range absolutely unfitting for what the hat is actually worth nowadays.

I don't make or vote on unusual suggestions very often, but I'm curious about something.  When valuing unusual offers, I understand that you consider unusual overpay.  When calculating that, do you use the hat's suggested value from this site?  If so, doesn't that create a problem that piggybacks the problem of values changing with currencies changing?

I don't make unusual suggestions very often any more, but when I do, I typically don't use the websites suggested value unless that suggestion was made in the last 2 weeks. I try to combat this problem in a few ways. I'll look to see what pure offers the hat has gotten recently and use that as its value (no overpay) if pure offers exceed the suggested range on this website with the justification that if this hat can get these pure offers easily, it should be valued at that. When there are no pure offers, I'll look at what the original suggestion was for on this site if the suggestion was made in the last 2 months and confirm on outpost to make sure that that range still seems accurate. Then I will calculate overpay based on the original suggestion. I try to combine both forms of evidence. This is certainly a tedious process to get done right, and in general I prefer making suggestions on unusuals that have been traded in pure. 

Archived