Do you fear death/illness?

Brian.

People don't think about death enough until it is too late :c

As an atheist, I think about death a lot,and I get really scared and anxious, because i know/think that once i die, im gone. It is hard to imagine ceasing to exist, not having a conscious. 

As an atheist, I think about death a lot,and I get really scared and anxious, because i know/think that once i die, im gone. It is hard to imagine ceasing to exist, not having a conscious. 

Just think about what it was like before you were born.  It's going to be that way again.  Soon.  In the grand scheme of things, your life isn't even a blip.  You shouldn't fear not existing anymore.  That's just a return to normalcy.  You should fear the pain of dying, and the process of brain death.  I know I do.  There's no way around it unless your brain is instantly crushed or vaporized.

Sweet dreams.

Are you saying we should think about death? In my opinion, the less you think about it, the better. There are much more productive things you can do in life than think about death.

Are you saying we should think about death? In my opinion, the less you think about it, the better. There are much more productive things you can do in life than think about death.

I dont mean constantly. I mean like, you have to think about it at some point, understand it, and accept it. Because if you figure out you have a terminal sickness later, it is a long fall down.

Just think about what it was like before you were born.  It's going to be that way again.  Soon.  In the grand scheme of things, your life isn't even a blip.  You shouldn't fear not existing anymore.  That's just a return to normalcy.  You should fear the pain of dying, and the process of brain death.  I know I do.  There's no way around it unless your brain is instantly crushed or vaporized.

Well yeah, that is the long way of summing up what im scared of :P

I try not to think of death. I am not fully at acceptance because I haven't done everything I wanted to do in my life just yet. Once that's been completed, I can die knowing I lived a full life. 

Illness tho... yeah. That shit is scary. And that's coming from someone who got the shingles a couple years ago. And that was nothing compared to all the other fatal diseases out there in the world. (Worst pain in my life).

I'm personally not a religious person, but Jesus thought the most important thing to me ever. It goes along the lines of: Don't worry about tomorrow, live in today.

Just, don't worry about the future. That way you will live your life more happily.

Archived