Laptop fan loud when plugged in

DiamondHavoc.

So the vacuum solved my last problem, but this is my final one.

No matter what I'm doing, my laptop fan is always louder when plugged into the charger. For example:

Playing TF2, unplugged.

Put in charger.

Noise increases

Is there a way to stop the fan doing this in the settings?

Buy a better computer.

I'm on a limited budget, it's perfectly fine and you can't just tell me to buy a new one to fix this small problem.

Any serious answers?

I'm on a limited budget, it's perfectly fine and you can't just tell me to buy a new one to fix this small problem.

Any serious answers?

Technically, some laptops require to generate more heat when charging which causes your fan to also spin faster.(therefore louder) My laptop does make a somewhat loud sound when charging but eventually stops when not playing TF2 or is in sleep mode. Playing games which require a freak ton of memory also demands more power generation to play the game smoothly hence your fan, needs to spin faster or RIP laptop.

Technically, some laptops require to generate more heat when charging which causes your fan to also spin faster.(therefore louder) My laptop does make a somewhat loud sound when charging but eventually stops when not playing TF2 or is in sleep mode. Playing games which require a freak ton of memory also demands more power generation to play the game smoothly hence your fan, needs to spin faster or RIP laptop.

RIP laptop?

Thing is it never did this before

RIP laptop?

Thing is it never did this before

If your fan will not spin faster in compensation of your processor working more to keep graphics animating smoothly, it overheats and can destroy the laptop. Seeing from your last post that your laptop is 1 year old, in probably a few years it might die if it continuously plays high-graphic games.

If your fan will not spin faster in compensation of your processor working more to keep graphics animating smoothly, it overheats and can destroy the laptop. Seeing from your last post that your laptop is 1 year old, in probably a few years it might die if it continuously plays high-graphic games.

Just wondering why now it's come on

Might be because when it's not chargin it's set to go to power saving mode and will use as little power as possible to save power. When you plug it in it will go in to maximum performance wihich require the fan to cool down stuff alot more.

Not 100% sure but it could be

Do you clean your Laptop?  Try blowing compressed air through the fan slot and out the vent.  Also shine a flashlight through to see if anything is caught in it.

Might be because when it's not chargin it's set to go to power saving mode and will use as little power as possible to save power. When you plug it in it will go in to maximum performance wihich require the fan to cool down stuff alot more.

Not 100% sure but it could be

I think this is it. Any way I could change it?

Thanks Zcrab, I put the laptop into power saving mode at all times and it's quiet now

It's also not running at, or close to, 100%. 

Archived