What do you guys think of this build ?

Liddojunior

If any of you recall I had made a thread earlier about making a small pc build that wasn't meant for gaming. 

I have decided to make one that can be used for gaming. It will be set up in my living room so don't want it to take a good amount of space, reason for why I went micro atx. 

I would like your thoughts on this build. I would like to hear your thoughts and where you think I would be able to skim some of its cost off. (Different cpu/gpu/psu etc)

I won't be overclocking nor do I have plans to sli/crossfire I could go with an AMD gpu if it is about the same cost or lower, and has better performance. 

Motherboard: Asus P8B75-M/CSM Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard  ($67.99 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Corsair Air 240 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $638.40

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-24 18:54 EDT-0400

I'm now considering this build as well. I can use my main computer to stream AAA titles. 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.23 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB FTW ACX Video Card  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Corsair Air 240 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($28.99 @ NCIX US) 

Total: $493.63

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-24 21:33 EDT-0400

Personally I like and prefer AMD over Intel, not just because they are a little bit cheaper. But I feel they are more reliable and same/better than Intel. But I don't wanna go in detail or any advanced AMD vs Intel fight since I'm not experienced. Just my preference.

This looks like a fairly similar gaming PC like mine.. Would recommend an SSD and I assume you'd need a gaming mouse/pad/keyboard and headset also? Or do you already got those?

Personally I like and prefer AMD over Intel, not just because they are a little bit cheaper. But I feel they are more reliable and same/better than Intel. But I don't wanna go in detail or any advanced AMD vs Intel fight since I'm not experienced. Just my preference.

This looks like a fairly similar gaming PC like mine.. Would recommend an SSD and I assume you'd need a gaming mouse/pad/keyboard and headset also? Or do you already got those?

Intel outperforms AMD in gaming 100%. Games prefer stronger cores to multiple weaker ones; and right now Intel's IPC is FAR superior to AMD's. But, I will say that they are more budget oriented -- you can get similar performance (at the mid end, not at the high end) for less with AMD. 

I dont mind going AMD it wouldn't be my main pc since for budget reasons they give good enough performance. If I was goin high end I would always go intel for gaming

It won't need a headset. Its goin to be in the livin room so it its goin to be plugged in into a TV 

As for gamepad. I have a wireless 360 controller for pc. 

Keyboard and mouse I was goin to do with some cheap wireless options since it won't be the main controller for gaming. And would be fine for web

What kind of games do you plan on playing?  An i3 processor is always a budget option if you plan on doing casual gaming/working.  The best i3 is ~$50 cheaper than the worst i5 with very little difference in performance.

What kind of games do you plan on playing?  An i3 processor is always a budget option if you plan on doing casual gaming/working.  The best i3 is ~$50 cheaper than the worst i5 with very little difference in performance.

Cheaper is always better. 

I went with a different sort of build as my second option. You can see it in the main post 

Out of curiousity,

What games do you play? High load ones BF4, Cod etc or HL2 Engine run games.

I play games of varying demand. 

I will only be using the pc in the living room, and with the possibility to stream dont need one that is high end 

Hm, consider getting a R9 270X?

I was considering an amd card. 

But, I have the 560ti on my current pc and I still play everyting at max/high settings 60+ fps

And the 750ti is bascailly short of the 660 so I figured I dont need to pay that much more and that 110$ card is all I need

I was considering an amd card. 

But, I have the 560ti on my current pc and I still play everyting at max/high settings 60+ fps

And the 750ti is bascailly short of the 660 so I figured I dont need to pay that much more and that 110$ card is all I need

Well, I'd actually upgrade the card in your rig to something like an R9 280 (or better), and put your 560ti in the new one...but hey, thats just me. 

Archived