This B.M.O.C I received....

Private_Potato

I was trading with this dude, good rep and stuff, and while we were trading, he offers a "Carefully Wrapped B.M.O.C", with the gift from an account "Geel#scrap.tf". 

What does this mean, and how much does that make it worth?

Notes:
- I'm a casual, only 250+ hours in TF2 since I started in March
- The BMOC + a crapload of stuff I received was for this Unusual Brown Bomber I had recently unboxed.

- I haven't unwrapped it yet

You got sharked big time, what effect bomber?

Looks like a TW brown bomber.

Unfortunately you got sharked, you essentially traded a all class unusual with a okay effect for a bunch of useless crap + some pure worth a small fraction of what the unusual is worth :S

Would you happen to have a screenshot of the trade/chat? We can possibly get him banned off outpost for sharking.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/76561198059494494 <---this is the guy that sharked you correct?

oh.  wow.  that was such a bad trade. :( I estimate that you lost close to 200 dollars.

never, NEVER go through with a trade if you are unsure about the value of the items being exchanged.  NEVER.

Im starting to think this guy is trolling, clearly he has done enough trading to recognise Geel and as an extension is aware of bp.tf (there is a current price on bp for the TW bomber) and he logs off and goes offline immediately after opening this thread...

Im starting to think this guy is trolling, clearly he has done enough trading to recognise Geel and as an extension is aware of bp.tf (there is a current price on bp for the TW bomber) and he logs off and goes offline immediately after opening this thread...

It crossed my mind that he could be faking it for sympathy.  I've witnessed it multiple times on normal trade servers where players will run through a loosely rehearsed dialogue complete with a trade taking place on the server to make it look like one of them scammed the other.  The "perpetrator" then leaves the server and the "victim" stays and tries to get items from sympathetic people.  If you call them out on it, they usually stop and move on.  I even had one guy just flat out admit it by his words "dammit.  well, you can't blame us for trying!".

Sharked?

Well, shit. But then again, i'm not really mad or angry. What should I do now?

do anything but unbox

and by that i mean quickbuy unusuals and promo items

Archived