A challenge has been sent forth

MC22

"The community there seems to think they can control prices"

Well, we kinda do, but it's not exactly the site that's controlling prices. Backpack.tf just records what people are selling/buying for. It's the minds of those buyers/sellers that control the prices, since if they see backpack.tf's price, then their minds are directed to following that price. There are some that use it like a guideline (how it should be), but then others use it as the one and only price and anything higher/lower is wrong.

Even though the bp.tf community is pretty big I don't think they can control prices even if they wanted to (if they could why do key suggestions that increase in terms of refined get accepted?). He could argue that the community does influence some trades but I like to think that when someone makes a suggestion a significant number of voters can make their own judgement. If bp.tf accepts/rejects a suggestion they don't agree with they should not feel pressured into following it. 

It seems he doesn't really like the community, but he links to us for info on current prices and I'm cool with that.

THERE IS NO COMMUNITY IN BACKPACK.TF

Your pointless posts and threads are annoying everyone, please stop or start getting enough warnings to get banned. Sorry for the off topic post. If you want to reply to this please pm me, an don't make a thread asking how to send pms.

It seems he doesn't really like the community, but he links to us for inco on current prices and I'm cool with that.

Your pointless posts and threads are annoying everyone, please stop or start getting enough warnings to get banned. Sorry for the off topic post. If you want to reply to this please pm me, an don't make a thread asking how to send pms.

Most of his prices are actually closer to trade.tf's.

Archived