Have hats gone too far?

AlfieOmega

Hats have gone way to far and not just normal ones unusual ones as well. I mean in no way for this to be rude towards Bob but why would you pay $20,000 for a Hat. I'm aware that they hold real world value but still think of what you could do with 20k irl. I really respect Bob and I really appreciate what he's doing for the community (The Santa's Wishlist + other stuff) but still it seems incredible to me people have that money around to be spending it in such a way. Other then that I literally only play classes I have Unusuals for other then when I own no Unusuals. Idk it just gets boring not having one and I always feel like I preform better with them (even though it's only the fact I play the class more and get better not the Unusuals.

TL:DR - Hats have gone to far.

The same thing could be said for anything. Why would you pay 1k for a superbowl ticket to watch 3 hours of a football game? Why would you spend $200 for 1 meal at a fancy restaurant? Why pay a premium price for anything?

Bottom line, people pay for whatever makes them happy. And that's all that should matter. Whether it's for a video game or not shouldn't really matter.

Only difference cosmetics make on tf2

Cosmetics = you get your own pocket medic, even if you're shit no one says anything

No Cosmetics = Good luck getting a heal, play well everyone still complains

Unusual = a few medics on you, everyone asking for free shit, some people asking for tips

wptfN6f.png

>inb4 some person suicides over this thread, or anything related to tf2 and it's majikical economy 

>hopefully that hasn't happened yet

The same thing could be said for anything. Why would you pay 1k for a superbowl ticket to watch 3 hours of a football game? Why would you spend $200 for 1 meal at a fancy restaurant? Why pay a premium price for anything?

Bottom line, people pay for whatever makes them happy. And that's all that should matter. Whether it's for a video game or not shouldn't really matter.

Fair point. It is his money he can do as he pleases. I never said it was different for video games then other things as well. It was just my opinion on the matter as everyone has their own. I just find owning a hat for to long inTf2 no matter how much you love it will begin to get boring after a while and no one will pay 20k ever again for that hat. But again i'm not here to put down Bob as like I said I really respect him and I wish him well it's just my opinion on it. Btw I typed this with my spacebar barely working kek.

Im not so fussed over my hats, I let my stranges prove I'm decent at the class I am playing. Hats are still cool and all, but the reaction of that solly with the scorching hat is all the sweeter when he gets killed by the most obvious stairstab by the gibus spy. Instead of hats, I fuss over stranges, I wont use a weapon that isnt strange, and I dont upgrade my stranges (to botkiller or festive or whatever) because I dont want to lose the numbers. I guess its a similar thing. 

• 2 months later...

Archived