When do you think keys will start dropping/raising in price?

theblackgoowey

Keys arent rising, refined is falling.

Refined will keep falling until there is something worthwhile to do with it, and then the key price in ref may go down for a bit.

Keys will rise more cause more and more ref is made everyday and where does it go? Just gets traded around and around it doesnt really go away unless you craft 3 ref for 1 hat which is not a good idea.

Keys are always set at $2.49 from the source. You misunderstand, refined is falling in value, which makes the key look like it's worth more, which it isn't, because it has a set price.

Refined will keep falling until there is something worthwhile to do with it, and then the key price in ref may go down for a bit.

Blasphemy, crafting hats is always worthwhile.

tbh, there does need to be more drains, like with those Strongbox Strangifiers or something.

It's not even that.  Yes, Ref is falling in value, but the decline in value of ref is not actually proportional to the increase in value of keys (keys rise much faster).  It's very simple: 

Keys are the most useful currency in TF2.  You can buy anything with a key, from stranges to unusuals.  You can use keys to unbox.  You can sell keys on SCM.  And of course you can sell them easily for paypal funds.  Keys are essentially the most useful and versatile item in TF2.  There are other factors as well (like the ever increasing supply of craft hats, miscs and stranges), but really, keys are always going up because keys are the best and safest investment in this game.  

It's not even that.  Yes, Ref is falling in value, but the decline in value of ref is not actually proportional to the increase in value of keys (keys rise much faster).  It's very simple: 

Keys are the most useful currency in TF2.  You can buy anything with a key, from stranges to unusuals.  You can use keys to unbox.  You can sell keys on SCM.  And of course you can sell them easily for paypal funds.  Keys are essentially the most useful and versatile item in TF2.  There are other factors as well (like the ever increasing supply of craft hats, miscs and stranges), but really, keys are always going up because keys are the best and safest investment in this game.  

Keys cannot possibly go up without a Mann Co store update because a new key added to TF2 will always be a payment of $2.49. You cannot add a new key to the TF2 economy without paying $2.49. It is a set price

Keys cannot possibly go up without a Mann Co store update because a new key added to TF2 will always be a payment of $2.49. You cannot add a new key to the TF2 economy without paying $2.49. It is a set price

I fail to see how this is in any way related to what I wrote?  

However, in relation to what you wrote (at least I think), the dollar value of ref is basically meaningless, since ref is only very rarely traded via paypal and it's not marketable.  When we're talking about keys going up in price, we usually mean price in refined.  This actually doesn't have that much to do with dollar value, which is evidenced more by the fact that the dollar value of keys has remained fairly stable,  whereas the refined value of keys hasn't.  

I fail to see how this is in any way related to what I wrote?  

However, in relation to what you wrote (at least I think), the dollar value of ref is basically meaningless, since ref is only very rarely traded via paypal and it's not marketable.  When we're talking about keys going up in price, we usually mean price in refined.  This actually doesn't have that much to do with dollar value, which is evidenced more by the fact that the dollar value of keys has remained fairly stable,  whereas the refined value of keys hasn't.  

My point is that keys are the only ones that truly relate to physical currency in a set way, so they should be the basis in actuality and every item should be on scale to that.

Archived