Do unusual prices account for bud drops?

Mr. Badger

Do unusual prices account for bud drops?

For example lets say an unusual sold for 5 buds when buds where 20 keys each. Someone created a price suggestion and the unusual is now valued at 5 buds.

1 month later however, the value of buds have now dropped to 15 keys.

Does the price of the unusual on backpack.tf go up automatically because buds have decreased? 

Is the price of the unusual now 6.6 buds?

(20/15) = 1.33

1.33 x 5 bud = 6.66 buds <--Is this going to be the updated price?

Thanks for the help in advance.

no, as unusuals are priced in buds, not keys.

But the value of the bud has dropped? I don't know if you are the right guy to ask but shouldn't the website account for this drop and raise the price on the unusual to account for this?

But the value of the bud has dropped? I don't know if you are the right guy to ask but shouldn't the website account for this drop and raise the price on the unusual to account for this?

the unusual sale at the time was valued by both parties at 5 buds, the price would not change because 5 buds then would = 5 buds now, even if their price in keys has changed and if he paid for the unusual in keys

That would only be the case if Unusuals were annexed to key prices.

We have found that unusual values track with buds (unusual values drop during halloween / christmas as well since people are looking to get pure keys). This may change this year since buds are marketable as well. But I suspect that buds will still drop relative to keys due to the unboxing craze during halloween with regular keys. The buds-key ratio may be less affected during Christmas, however. 

Archived