Half life 2

ste113rjay

Half-life 2, oh god. This game =_=. It kills me, I have to search up a walkthrough for every where I go. Anyone else go problems with this game?

I'm sure I looked up some walkthroughs at some point, but the game itself is pretty linear.  Are you having trouble with puzzles or general direction?

HL2 is pretty straightforward.

I think the only time I got confused was getting into the pod at the Citadel because I got on the wrong one and died so I thought I'd have to backtrack and find another way.

It's a good game.  But i think it's a tad bit overrated.

It was one of the first to make full use of gaming physics, so at the time it was a really really big thing.

Just like HL1 was, for instance, one of the first FPS to have a full plot all in first person, with no cutscenes or anything of the sorts. If you play it now you'll see that many other games have done the same (and maybe better), but everyone'll still have the nostalgia feeling for it.

I've played HL1 and haven't finished HL2, both in my twenties. (I'm 22). I really hate how I didn't have a computer when I was younger. I remember the first (real) game I played was gunbound, lol. I'll finish HL2 eventually, then I guess I'll move to ep1, then 2, then blue shift and then the other one I forgot it's name (if there even is another one)

I'll finish HL2 eventually, then I guess I'll move to ep1, then 2, then blue shift and then the other one I forgot it's name (if there even is another one)

So basically, you're gonna go Star Wars way? IV, V, VI, I, II, III ?

So basically, you're gonna go Star Wars way? IV, V, VI, I, II, III ?

I asked a friend who played the games and told me to go in that order. What do you guys recommend? Btw I just finished HL2 a couple of minutes ago.

I asked a friend who played the games and told me to go in that order. What do you guys recommend? Btw I just finished HL2 a couple of minutes ago.

Well, maybe he messed something up, or he knows something I don't. I always thought the order should be:

• Half-Life
  • Half-Life: Opposing Force
  • Half-Life: Blue Shift
  • Half-Life 2
  • Half-Life 2: Episode One
  • Half-Life 2: Episode Two

I think you could skip the OF and BS at beginning, then come back after playthrough of "real" campaign (the one with Gordon as main character), it's really only your choice :P

Well Half-Life 1's and HL2's plots are connected but not as deeply as the Episodes, so since you just finished HL2, go for the episodes first.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived