Are keys the highest they have ever been?

AlfieOmega

keys are the same as they have ever been. ref is less valuable than it has ever been. 

in terms of keys being able to buy buds, I suppose this is probably the joint highest keys have ever been valued along with the last time buds dropped to 16.

Keys are like $1.80 now I remember when they were $2.00 and even $2.05. So yes. 

I remember, maybe last year, they were around $1.30, maybe even less. 

In ref: yes

In Paypal: no

In SCM: no (I've seen keys right at the 2.49 mark, AND Seasonal Keys (summer, fall, eerie, christmas) sell for MORE than mann co store price)

Well yeah but that was with massive carding. Let's not ever go back there

In ref: yes

In Paypal: no

In SCM: no (I've seen keys right at the 2.49 mark, AND Seasonal Keys (summer, fall, eerie, christmas) sell for MORE than mann co store price)

^ This.

I've never seen key price in SCM to be at least equal to mann co. in my entire life. Always higher. Like, it costs 87 monies in mann co for me, in SCM - 92-93.

Yes-yes, currencies.

There is a limit to how high keys can go without them killing the rest of the economy. We are approaching it very fast. Don't expect keys to be up this high forever, folks...

There is a limit to how high keys can go without them killing the rest of the economy. We are approaching it very fast. Don't expect keys to be up this high forever, folks...

There is no limit... tell the idlers who get tons of ref every week to stop killing the value of refined

There is no limit... tell the idlers who get tons of ref every week to stop killing the value of refined

Sorry Torr. But there's this thing called profit so I'm gonna hoard the refs

I believed keys can surpassed 10 refs but they'll never surpass 11 refs

Sorry Torr. But there's this thing called profit so I'm gonna hoard the refs

I believed keys can surpassed 10 refs but they'll never surpass 11 refs

After ~10.33-10.66 it'll be cheaper to buy in mann co. Considering ref in cash won't go down like  a... something that goes down very fast and with fashion.

There were $1.30 like 3 years ago, they've been $1.70-$1.90 ($2~ around events) for the past two years. 

I converted a bunch of tf2 items to 45 refines and just bought the quickest 5 tf2 keys as fast as possible to trade for Final fantasy 13 on steam. I don't trade much, so I didn't really mind buying 5 keys for 9 refines each.  I did this a few days ago when the key price was about 8.55-8.66.

http://imgur.com/V6NAaVf

http://imgur.com/IhMSM6n

I most likely will not be trading again for a very long time. 

I hope my purchase didn't cause too much problems.

The Ecunomiiee is cr4shingg!111!!!!

I converted a bunch of tf2 items to 45 refines and just bought the quickest 5 tf2 keys as fast as possible to trade for Final fantasy 13 on steam.

I hope my purchase didn't cause too much problems.

Final Fantasy 13

Moar Liek Final HALLWAY 13

The trade price of keys will spike leading up to an event and drop after. Has nothing to do with the price of ref at all. Unless there is a new price suggestion the ref price is very stable. This just shows how much interest there is in this event across many games. I would like to see them make ref marketable.

After ~10.33-10.66 it'll be cheaper to buy in mann co. Considering ref in cash won't go down like  a... something that goes down very fast and with fashion.

inb4 "yo momma go down very fast"

On topic: Keys can cross 11, easily. 

inb4 "yo momma go down very fast"

On topic: Keys can cross 11, easily. 

Maybe in hindsight, I will have shot myself in the foot with this remark, but I sincerely don't believe they'll even go to 10 any time soon.  There's serious resistance to it, and many are having trouble accepting 9 refined even though they're trading at that in many cases.  I understand the resistance to wanting to give increased amounts of metal, and it's important to point out that it hasn't done much to stop the trend over the past 2 years, but I still think that the market isn't going to allow the trend to go beyond where it ought to naturally sit.  What I believe is that it's not quite time for us to see 11 refined "easily", and that after the halloween event, we may be in for another serious drop in the refine price of keys.

I didn't indicate what the price in metal was when this was posted. Keys were 8.66-8.77 at the time. Bit of a big bump for keys...

Archived