backpack.tf automatic help thread

Brad Pitt

Can we buy decorated weapons (Tf2 Skins) using backpack.tf automatic. Can we post a buy order for warhawk rocket launcher (Factory New) for like 10 Keys and buy that particular quality of the weapon & not like field tested or other quality.

I am confused due to this line in bp.tf automatic page - second quality is not checked as it is currently unsupported in buy orders by backpack.tf (sell orders are okay with them though). This may be added at a future date when secondary quality buy orders are supported by backpack.tf.

I am pretty sure bp.tf automatic can buy different skins with different conditions (FN, FT, BS, WW) etc at the prices we post buy orders for but still want to double check once.

11 hours ago, Bunny said:

Can we buy decorated weapons (Tf2 Skins) using backpack.tf automatic. Can we post a buy order for warhawk rocket launcher (Factory New) for like 10 Keys and buy that particular quality of the weapon & not like field tested or other quality.

I am confused due to this line in bp.tf automatic page - second quality is not checked as it is currently unsupported in buy orders by backpack.tf (sell orders are okay with them though). This may be added at a future date when secondary quality buy orders are supported by backpack.tf.

I am pretty sure bp.tf automatic can buy different skins with different conditions (FN, FT, BS, WW) etc at the prices we post buy orders for but still want to double check once.

If you want to buy a FN rocket launcher, and put a buy order of 10 keys for an FN rocket launcer, it will also accept WW,FT for the same item, so not a good idea, but for sell orders, its fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any advice on how to install backpack.tf Automatic on a raspberry pi zero w running raspbian?

whenever i use this command: sudo node --use_strict /bptf/bot/automatic.js

I always get this error:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ...

I have tried installing and reinstalling many things. I have node.js v4.1.2 and npm installed.

(ps: i am using --strict in the console because if i don't then it just tells me that the functions: let, const, function, class won't work outside strict mode. Which is weird considering automatic.sh just contains the code: node automatic.js) 

Same here, after generated new token bp automatic kept saying the new token is invalid.

Oh and also I didn't do a search on this bug maybe you all know it long before or not.  The bot treats craftable weapons as non-craftable and vice versa.  Then I found out that's all because of one "!"

In backpack.tf-automatic-1.3.3-all/app/automatic-offer.js

under

static isCraftWeapon(item)

the line:

if (!AutomaticOffer.itemIsUncraftable(item)) {
                 return false;
             }

The "!" causing the problem and should be removed.  I only have basic knowledge of programming and spent quite some time to read and go through the code talking to myself XD  It fixed the problem but hope you guys can verify and make sure it's right.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Woifilicious said:

All bots and automatic are not working currently because of Cloudflare protection. Should be temporarily.

Same here =(

12 minutes ago, Woifilicious said:

Automatic is working again and so are all scripts/sites that use the bp.tf api.

I checked my IP on blacklisted databases and it's not there. But Automatic script does not work, and when I visit the site be me checked by CloudFlare

Everything worked. Literally 5min ago did not work

2 minutes ago, Woifilicious said:

Its impossible for your automatic to still have the cloudflare error unless you modified it.

Now work =) Thank!

Since yesterday I have no access to my Bot.tf bot's Backpack.tf profile and thus have no access to creating or deleting listings or anything else.

Seeing there is some issue with logging in to backpack.tf, while using other bots, does anyone have problem with using their bot.tf's backpack.tf profile?

Every time it opens proxy page

Is it allowed to make your own modifications to the backpack automatic client? I have encountered several bugs and want to fix them on my own and add some extra functions since support has dropped.

every time i try to enter my token into the bot, it says, invalid backpack.tf token: Invalid request token. it does this every single time that i generate a new token as well. anyone know how i can fix this?

5 hours ago, failerbob22 said:

every time i try to enter my token into the bot, it says, invalid backpack.tf token: Invalid request token. it does this every single time that i generate a new token as well. anyone know how i can fix this?

Same here dude, i was trying to get that token yesterday like at least 100 times

Generated it over and over and over again, didnt work..

12 hours ago, failerbob22 said:

7 hours ago, edin said:

Same here dude, i was trying to get that token yesterday like at least 100 times

I have this problem too dudes!( What can we do?

3 hours ago, Crazy*Spy said:

I have this problem too dudes!( What can we do?

11 hours ago, edin said:

16 hours ago, failerbob22 said:

I just had this issue as well. It appears the reason is that the Oauth token is messed up, so you have to regenerate that. To make it stop asking for backpack.tf tokens, go into accounts.json and delete the characters inside the oAuthToken line. You should be left with "oAuthToken": "". After that, restart automatic. You might have to try typing logout if you still get errors. You will need to reenter the code from your mobile authenticator

16 hours ago, Walter said:

Is it allowed to make your own modifications to the backpack automatic client? I have encountered several bugs and want to fix them on my own and add some extra functions since support has dropped.

You're allowed to do whatever, just make sure it's functional and that it satisfies the backpack.tf rules

20 hours ago, brake™ said:

Since yesterday I have no access to my Bot.tf bot's Backpack.tf profile and thus have no access to creating or deleting listings or anything else.

Seeing there is some issue with logging in to backpack.tf, while using other bots, does anyone have problem with using their bot.tf's backpack.tf profile?

Every time it opens proxy page

You'll have to take that issue up with bot.tf, I would guess the cloudfare protection is messing that up

1 hour ago, A Delicious Cashew said:

I just had this issue as well. It appears the reason is that the Oauth token is messed up, so you have to regenerate that. To make it stop asking for backpack.tf tokens, go into accounts.json and delete the characters inside the oAuthToken line. You should be left with "oAuthToken": "". After that, restart automatic. You might have to try typing logout if you still get errors. You will need to reenter the code from your mobile authenticator

token.png.5b67c5520ba6c10252420e2e86893895.pngI did it but it doesn't work.

1 minute ago, A Delicious Cashew said:

You're allowed to do whatever, just make sure it's functional and that it satisfies the backpack.tf rules

You'll have to take that issue up with bot.tf, I would guess the cloudfare protection is messing that up

I'm not using bot.tf but i wanted to use the automatic trades because i dont have time to go to the bots and sell stuff, i've got probably around 100-200 items to sell, and half of that are craft hats, cuz of that i want the automatic thing but when i generate a new token it just says invalid token. Tried it like at least 50 times...