About unusual effects in SFM...

Brad Pitt

Is it possible to export SFM with a transparent background? If so, how hard would it be to export a high resolution screenshot of every single unusual / taunt effect?

Most of the nice looking ones on backpack.tf have been re-created using the textures found in the game files in photoshop, but it's a pain in the ass. I'd like to have an easier way of doing these, since new effects will probably come / we need to do the taunt ones still but I have no time :o

As I know, yeah, you can do a greenscreen/whitescreen/bluescreen of every effect you want

Some effects are transparent so doing a green screen changes the colors ?

I personally preferred the painted effects that the site used to use

however, you can probably export images on a black background and photoshop the background out, or take it with a purple background to match the purple boxes around the boxes around the effect

there isnt a way to remove the background from the image within SFM itself

I have some time, I can try both of these methods on a more complicated effect (like scorching) if you want

however, you can probably export images on a black background and photoshop the background out, or take it with a purple background to match the purple boxes around the boxes around the effect

I have some time, I can try both of these methods on a more complicated effect (like scorching) if you want

Black_void should work, one big empty black map. Then use magic wand tool to select everything black and delete it, then save the picture.

Thats the only way I can think of which would work, but you still have that black background inside of some of the transparent particle(Green energy for example).

Give me some time and I'll figure it out, if I can.

Would be nice to have some high quality ones. The ones that are more tricky is probably miami lights... try with that one maybe? :D

If you are gonna mame the particle on a black background you would need to select the particle pixels by pixel for it to not have any black in it.

So... Have fun selecting :D

I actually tried black background with Green energy yesterday to experiment with a new background method. Didn't turn out great, even with generous amounts of blur around the edges of the effect :(

iUDgu7MeAJQJI.png

I can't really think of any effects that will cooperate except maybe Roboactive, Antifreeze (on black background), Aces High, and Dead Presidents. Any of the effects that constantly fade (like green energy) are going to grab the color behind them as well.

HOWEVER, I'm hoping to try some feather edge selection with GIMP with GE to see if it turns out better. I'll report back if I remember.

Would be nice to have some high quality ones. The ones that are more tricky is probably miami lights... try with that one maybe? :D

Just tell me what background you want the particle to be on.

Just tell me what background you want the particle to be on.

Transparent would be best :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived