Bill's Hat grave being dug?

dedaccount

A drop was long overdue even before they added the "limited" quality. I think it's going to fall to 4-5 keys? Ugly and overrated anyway I'm glad they're dropping

• Administrators

What do you guys think? is bill's hat screwed? how much lower is it going to fall? r.i.p? :c

Its not since the introduction. If you monitored the bill's market or been in that market, you would see that the bill's hat had an overdue to fall. It was extremely hard to sell any painted ones over 6 keys, it was also a bit slow to sell at 6 keys. Now that the update is here...It is finally showing its true color.

Simply put...The drop has been overdue. I am glad Valve put out an update like this.

Bills were in need of a drop for a long time (you could get a painted bills for 6 keys pretty easily) scm just triggered it making people realise that they were paying so much extra.

Eg. i believe at some point it was easier to sell a unpainted bills for 6 keys than a painted, i remember removing the paint so it would sell faster, not sure of just blindly followers but yeah.

i remember removing the paint so it would sell faster, not sure of just blindly followers but yeah.

Some people don't know that the paint can be removed from the hat.

i remember removing the paint so it would sell faster, not sure of just blindly followers but yeah.

You REMOVED paint to help an hat sell faster? At worst, you can sell it at unpainted price and say the paint is a free bonus. Anything with Free Bonuses sells like hotcakes. Even if it's Drably Olive, or Salmon, there's no reason to remove paint, unless you just hate the way it looks.

Removing paint to help something sell is preposterous, and I've never even heard of anyone doing that before.

Even the oblivious/nerb people, who somehow don't know that unpainting destroys the paint, at least know that paint adds value, and would never unpaint an hat...

People have asked me to remove paint from hats so they could buy them at the unpainted price, but that was just them not wanting to pay extra for paint, and being silly about it--and no different, really, than all the people who buy/accept items but refuse to value higher for applied parts/paints.

Some people don't know that the paint can be removed from the hat.

What?

Where does one find these people?

I've sold hundreds, if not thousands, of painted hats. (look at my BP a few months ago, heh)

Not once did I ever encounter anyone who didn't know you could remove paint, and only maybe a dozen times total over several years have I had to explain paint is not re-usable after you remove it 0_o

You REMOVED paint to help an hat sell faster? At worst, you can sell it at unpainted price and say the paint is a free bonus. Anything with Free Bonuses sells like hotcakes. Even if it's Drably Olive, or Salmon, there's no reason to remove paint, unless you just hate the way it looks.

Not once did I ever encounter anyone who didn't know you could remove paint, and only maybe a dozen times total over several years have I had to explain paint is not re-usable after you remove it 0_o

I do that with painted hats (pay for the paint, hat is free...etc) But for painted bills it took ages to sell even for 6 keys, but when i removed the paint it sold relatively fast. No idea why this was :l

Only paints i wouldnt remove were the more expensive ones (white/black/ts...etc)

Same.  I've even encountered people who thought painted bill's hats were worth less than unpainted ones.

^this

Archived