Invisible players

Langweenee

SO, I've just been playing a lot lately. One thing I've noticed is these random invisible players. 

Let me start off by explaining how this always happens. I'm running around near enemy base, and we are already half way through the round, so most of the enemy team is at the front lines (ususally far away) and I hear someone from the enemy team. It can be voice commands, random shooting, minigun rev ups, ect. Then all of the sudden, I'm being shot at. Like anyone would do, they look to where they are being shot at. There is no one there. I generally get confused and just stare off into the distance. Then I relize that bullets are whizzing by me and into me. Then, I either die or run and get found by the invisible player. When the camera flashed onto their character, it shows the enemy's spawn with their name on the bottom and some shells on the floor (if they are using a bullet weapon) I try to take a screenshot, but it's just a whole load of nothing.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Is it HAXORS or just some glitch thats been around for years and I'm making a fool of myself?

TL;DR MY GAME IS SPOOKY

Put this in your autoexec:

bind "KP_DEL" "record fix;stop"

Press keypad DEL (also period .) to activate

Sawwy for doublepost :c

Ninja'd, and I also use KP_DEL for that o.0

I had this too, really seemed hacker-ish but I'm not sure

It's a bug in Source's rendering due to packet loss (I think). record creates a new demo which restarts the rendering process, fixing the issue. stop stops the demo right away so it won't lag your game or make a huge file.

record fixes any rendering bug, including players showing as the opposite team even though they are not, glitched midair models, and others.

I got that but what I didn't get was why you said ,"HAX for just some glitch"

Did you perhaps mean; HAX or some glitch?

fixed

And thanks everyone, I won't call HAX no more.

You have solutions above, but this is what I added to my autoexec to reload the HUD, fix the invisible players issue, and fix any looping sounds.

bind "F3" +fix // Getting looping sounds or invisible players? Hit this bind!
alias +fix "snd_restart;mat_filterlightmaps 1;record fix"

Hit F3 and you're good to go.

Archived