Nice Work Valve ._.

Scoutisaspyable 1150+ Subs

I have no Idea how this could happen.the Update came out in the night and we already have 5(!) Scorching Flames Thirst Bloods ._.

Did this Update destroyed the Unusual Economy a bit?

Whats your Opinion?

post-6147-0-27828500-1411737256_thumb.png

• Administrators

I have no Idea how this could happen.the Update came out in the night and we already have 5(!) Scorching Flames Thirst Bloods ._.

Whats your Opinion?

Please enlighten me how it can possibly destroy an economy. I just don't see how it can at all. :ph34r:  I like how everyone complains about every single updates. :P  It didn't effect anything at all. Mass unboxing is happening thus many unusual came out. Not sure how is that Valve's fault.  :unsure:

Edit : Yes, price of this unusual hat won't be as much due to the avability but I don't see how is this "effecting/destroying" economy at all. Also, having less or many availability does not determine the price of something. If an item has no demand, the price will be low a prime example are the unusual dread knots.

Whats your Opinion?

Just think of it as the 3rd gen crisis. But it's first gen and it's 10x more faster.

Please enlighten me how it can possibly destroy an economy. I just don't see how it can at all. :ph34r:  I like how everyone complains about every single updates. :P  It didn't effect anything at all. Mass unboxing is happening thus many unusual came out. Not sure how is that Valve's fault.  :unsure:

Edit : Yes, price of this unusual hat won't be as much due to the mass unbox but I don't see how is this "effecting/destroying" economy at all.

Because it´s nearly a half day after the Update and we already have 3 Pages of the Blood Thirst in Unusual on Outpost.Im pretty sure, no other Update let something like this happen^^

• Administrators

Because it´s nearly a half day after the Update and we already have 3 Pages of the Blood Thirst in Unusual on Outpost.Im pretty sure, no other Update let something like this happen^^

So? Many people unboxed thus many are on market. It all comes down to demand. If this item losses demand the price will be less. If there is high demand even having high availability then the price won't be effected much but from what I can tell the demand will slow down and the price will drop.

man its fun watching people throw away everything they traded for this. There is going to be hundreds if not thousands of these things by the time the crates are gone.

the drop rate from god tier effects apparently has been changed in this particular case :S

5 Scorchings, 3 GE, 3 PE, Sunbeams, Burning.. in less than 24 hours.... HOW?

yeah this is kinda strange, loads of these unusuals are everywhere

Not strange at all. There's loads of people unboxing these since they're going to be limited crate cosmetics.  Tons of people unboxing means tons of unusuals, along with the fact people are trying to get "god tier 1st gen" effects.

it's only the thirst blood that is getting uncrated massively. So i see no point for a whole economy crisis. This unusual wont probably be that valueable.

There's gonna be hundreds upon hundreds of Thirst Bloods by the time this is over. It could be the most common unusual for a while. Therefore, the problem doesn't lie there. It lies in the amount of 1st gens total being unboxed. It's ridiculous: within the past day, we've seen a Burning Pullover, Burning Executioner, Burning Tartan Spartan, Sunbeams Hong Kong Cone, and a GE, PE, and 2 Burning Racks, among many others. This Limited crate having an equal chance at any effect has really fucked things up. If we don't see a Burning TC or KE unboxed before it expires, I will be suprised.

Marketable Earbuds were only a red herring... this was how VALVe really wanted to rape the economy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think that it will destroy the whole economy. Sometimes people just unbox a lot, especially after updates. And in that case it just affects the price of the unusual unboxed that often already.

Archived