A serious discussion about the degradation of social interaction in this community, and the world as a whole.

λngelღмander

• Administrators

You must be new if you can actually stand talking to a random Steam Community user every day

I'd rather talk to someone that I know isn't going to be a 13 year old boy from Russia

You must be new if you can actually stand talking to a random Steam Community user every day

I'd rather talk to someone that I know isn't going to be a 13 year old boy from Russia

especially CS:GO traders.

They'll add you for something you never had a trade up for

So, is this topic about adding people or about interacting with people in real life?

Back when I had some nice unusuals, I would get about 80% phishing add and from people who don't know how to read trade notes.

If you look on these forums, people tend to be social, discussing in threads, commenting on statuses, etc.

In real life, I don't know about you but I have plenty of social interactions. Hell, earlier today I walked up to a complete stranger, had a conversation with them and helped them bring in their groceries. A few hours ago I approached some strangers and had a pokemon battle.

If we want to talk about social degradation as a result of technology, I say no, we haven't degraded. Just the other day I made a new friend because some idiots were bullying her in a server and I was just trying to be a pybro and ended up standing up for her. I believe we are at a time where social interaction is at an all-time high, even if we don't actually use words. It all depends on your definition of social interaction. Do you define it as physcial contact? Actual spoken words? Asynchronous yet instantaneous but non-verbal and non-physical communication which has been  possible thanks to IM, e-mail, text messaging and the like? 

I accept all adds, but also give people the option of Trade Offers on my trades/Classified listings/Steam profile

Sure a lot of peoples arguments are, "There are too many spoiled apples, so why pick out the good ones when you can go to a different tree?"

But there's a couple things wrong with only accepting Trade Offers

1. Someone wants to buy your item, but when they send the Offer, it cancels and won't send, leaving the person to go elsewhere

2. Trade Offers do not allow for discussion. You could get a lot more in item overpay than in simple pure

3. Sometime people just won't bother, and would rather add someone who can accept the trade immediately

It's really easy to not have to deal with stupid people. Here are a couple lines I delete/ignore for:

"Could I pay for ___ with (insert item of same/lesser price)"

"ебать вы, капиталиÑтичеÑÐºÐ°Ñ Ð°Ð¼ÐµÑ€Ð¸ÐºÐ°Ð½ÑкаÑ"

"What are you selling?" or "I got what I wanted"

It's really not that hard to say "Hi" or to delete someone after adding them (maxium 4 clicks)

And with adding, you can view their profile before you even have to contact them

I wrote this response in reply to some comments here, not really the topic, since I can't tell what the original topic is trying to say

Archived