Does the 5% suggestion rule still apply?

MC22

Suppose there is a suggestion for 1-1.5 keys up,

and I make a 1-1.4 key suggestion to spite him, which is 4% away from 1-1.5

which is within 5% and not valid.

Is this rule still in effect?

There is one person in particular I'd like an answer from...

As far as my understanding, this is how the 5% rule has been used and how I use it.

For Open Suggestions:

The mid-range of a suggestion may not be within 5% of another open suggestion or the newer one will be closed...

...Except if the new suggestion has significantly more proof than the old one i.e.

Old suggestion = "I think it should go up in price becuase I tried to buy this item and it was hard"

New suggestion = Lots of proof, Lots of effort put into it.

...or if the two differing suggestions are [wide range vs. short range] or [flat value vs. range]

For Items:

The mid-range of the new suggestion must be over a 5% change from the old price...

...Except if the new suggestion is arguing [wide range vs. short range] or [flat value vs. range] Im a derp, I dont know why I put this here

For Unusuals:

If the old price is not atleast two months old, the new suggestion must be over a 5% change from the old price to be valid. No exceptions.

Then why the hell do stupid craft hat suggestions still get passed lowering the range from 1.33-1.66 refined to 1.33-1.55 refined?

Then why the hell do stupid craft hat suggestions still get passed lowering the range from 1.33-1.66 refined to 1.33-1.55 refined?

I guess only 1.33-1.44 should do

I was talking about 2 competing suggestions. Still waiting on Woifi

The 5% rule is no longer officially enforced.

However, prices must be significantly different from current ones, and 5 percent is a good benchmark for that. Exceptions may be made based on the proof, as always

Even if it is not set in stone and exceptions can be always there sometimes it's just useless. I made that post before talking with the other moderators though.

Even if it is not set in stone and exceptions can be always there sometimes it's just useless. I made that post before talking with the other moderators though.

So you are saying it does not have to be followed?

So you are saying it does not have to be followed?

Depends on the situation. But not stricly. If your change is useless it's useless anyways. :P

You accepted a suggestion 3% away from mine.

What are you even talking about?^^ Post links if you make such statements. :P

I still apply it to unusuals to differentiate between a new price and a price bump, since the latter needs 2 months before it can be allowed again.

Ah. So nothing topic related, huh? ;) The other suggestion was still better than yours even if yours got a bit more upvotes (maybe because you are an blue belt)?

It is very related. His was 1% away from mine, which breaks the 5% rule. How is this not related?

It is very related. His was 1% away from mine, which breaks the 5% rule. How is this not related?

Lol you got that completely wrong. Your suggestion was not accepted so the rule is not active.

Lol you got that completely wrong. Your suggestion was not accepted so the rule is not active.

that took me way too long to figure out.

Archived