My thoughts on Halloween Updates

Mikusch

Ah, the Spectral Halloween in TF2. I just love it. You join a halloween map, knowing that lots of other people will join it as well because its fucking Halloween. Waiting for spooky gifts to spawn, running around, searching and finding them in time. That is just great.

Serious question, am I the only one who enjoys the Halloween update the most? It doesn't add cool, new items. But the fact that these gifts spawn and that you get the Halloween feeling is just great.

Anyone else thinks the same way?

You don't need to collect these gifts nor do you need to play on the maps that lets them spawn.

Which is why I never actually played during the 2013 Halloween event. Sure collecting a gift is nice, but if you're like me who doesn't have wiggle room in their backpack organization, you won't find any space to put all of the new cosmetics in.

Although I might play this year if it's good.

Which is why I never actually played during the 2013 Halloween event. Sure collecting a gift is nice, but if you're like me who doesn't have wiggle room in their backpack organization, you won't find any space to put all of the new cosmetics in.

Although I might play this year if it's good.

B-b-but free hats :C

I love Halloween Updates, it's Valve's way of Trick-or-Treating. You don't get cavities or diabetes from candy. YOU GET HATS, MISCS AND MAYBE UNUSUALS!

but why get the untradeable and uncraftable ones when you can get the clean ones amirite

Clean items always cost something. The uncraftable/untradable ones don't.

Halloween updates are the only time I actually play vanilla TF2

especially with the spells+gifts last year, I spent a ton of time throwing fire at shit

Halloween updates are the only time I actually play vanilla TF2

especially with the spells+gifts last year, I spent a ton of time throwing fire at shit

"INVOKEM MONOCOLUS!"

I love halloween I've been hyped for it the moment last years ended I hope you can still find spell on ghost fort I want squash rockets for my Aussy rocket and spectral flames for the Aussy flame thrower

The clean ones do aswell. Your arguments are invalid.

Except you can sell the clean ones for money and you can clear some inventory space should you need some. You can't do that with untradeable ones.

I actually do like Tf2's Halloween events since I love Halloween over Christmas (though I like both holidays, just for different reasons) and tf2 is the only thing I really do that night since I'm not a social person and don't go to parties, but the one problem I always have with them is when the events require both teams to work together to take down a boss. Holy hell it is near impossible to get people to work together in those cases. And although I do love looking and finding the special items that pop up for each player, unfortunately after a week the whole event starts to lose it's charm for me, since by then I have probably gotten what I wanted from the event. 

I just hope that this year we will get Halloween cosmetics that can be worn all year like they did 2 years back; there were so many hats last year that I would have loved to wear if they weren't all Halloween/ full moon restricted.

Archived