Do you think this guy's gonna win?

Pwndaz!

Yes, I agree that they should.  And the seller should also disclose certain information.  Sometimes it's the difference between sharking and trading honestly.  I'm not saying this was a case of sharking, btw.

well... you did exadurate

...whatever that means xD

Yes, I agree that they should.  And the seller should also disclose certain information.  Sometimes it's the difference between sharking and trading honestly.  I'm not saying this was a case of sharking, btw.

It wouldn't really matter anyways because duped for a hat less than 3 buds means nothing. Look around outpost and 99% of people don't mention their cancer hats are duped.

The only thing that would matter if it were gifted. Which in that case, he should mention it.

Look around outpost and 99% of people don't mention their cancer hats are duped.

....and I disagree with them choosing not to disclose that.  A significant portion of the low value unusual market are "n00bs", which is why I think people can get away with pawning off their duped hats at full price so frequently.

....and I disagree with them choosing not to disclose that.  A significant portion of the low value unusual market are "n00bs", which is why I think people can get away with pawning off their duped hats at full price so frequently.

It is not the responsibility of the seller to disclose if it is duped. The buyer can look before hand or bother to ask. Also, there is absolutely no rule requiring that a duped hat be less than the value of the non-duped version. Valve doesn't recognize a lessened value by duping. Steam Market makes it incredibly hard to find the history of a hat that is listed there. 

It is not the responsibility of the seller to disclose if it is duped. The buyer can look before hand or bother to ask. Also, there is absolutely no rule requiring that a duped hat be less than the value of the non-duped version. Valve doesn't recognize a lessened value by duping. Steam Market makes it incredibly hard to find the history of a hat that is listed there. 

...and if I shark someone, it's their fault, right?  It's not my responsibility to tell them the values of the items being traded, right?  It's their job to know that stuff.  Except that it's the right thing to do, buddy.  Honesty and empathy.  If you're not the kind of person to disclose that information, especially to new players, then you're a selfish asshole and I personally want nothing to do with you, and I don't have any problems at all with blocking people like you so that there is no possibility of us trading at some point in the future, unless you happen to be using an alt at the time.

Yes it's their responsibility to check.  It's everyone's responsibility to do their homework on something before they buy it.  That doesn't also excuse you for wilfully choosing not to disclose it.  That's evidence right there that you're hoping to take advantage of someone who isn't aware of it if the opportunity arises, and that makes you a jerk.

...and if I shark someone, it's their fault, right?  It's not my responsibility to tell them the values of the items being traded, right?  It's their job to know that stuff.  Except that it's the right thing to do, buddy.  Honesty and empathy.  If you're not the kind of person to disclose that information, especially to new players, then you're a selfish asshole and I personally want nothing to do with you, and I don't have any problems at all with blocking people like you so that there is no possibility of us trading at some point in the future, unless you happen to be using an alt at the time.

Yes it's their responsibility to check.  It's everyone's responsibility to do their homework on something before they buy it.  That doesn't also excuse you for wilfully choosing not to disclose it.  That's evidence right there that you're hoping to take advantage of someone who isn't aware of it if the opportunity arises, and that makes you a jerk.

I have to agree somewhat with this; it may be the buyers responsibility to do their research before they offer or agree to a trade, but really would it kill ya to take less than a minute to write on your trade "keep in mind this unusual is duped"? Not only are you being responsible as a seller by informing your potential buyers of what they are getting into, but at the same time you are making yourself a safety net if they try to call foul on it like this person did to the OP.

"Oh, you are claiming that I didn't tell you it was duped? well too bad buddy because it says right there in my notes that it was indeed duped".

Doing that one simple action can save you from so many headaches like this one and ensure that you are protected from fools who think they can blackmail you for their lack of initiative to research beforehand.

I got 2 unusuals and tons of sweets for my PS Crocleather

2 days ago, found out that one of the unusual was duped. Someone buying the other unusual said it's duped but it's not

I got 2 unusuals and tons of sweets for my PS Crocleather

2 days ago, found out that one of the unusual was duped. Someone buying the other unusual said it's duped but it's not

Waa?

Did you mean that the guy who is buying ur unusual lied about his unusual being clean

Archived