Addition of the "Limited" tag

Chewi105

Because of the recent update, this tag'll be added to several unique quality promo items, making them sellable on the SCM. This includes Bud's, Bills, BMOCs, etc. 

Do you think that this will affect the market, with promos being able to be obtained without paypal?

Examples:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/35224121191560559/E2B7BCC230A3753C77E7D232C8A4AA8ABFD99AB0/

https://i.imgur.com/zhoxWzk.jpg

Dwyb6UC.png

paypal trading will still exist

lots of stuff can be paid with paypal (i.e. online services, buying stuff on the internet, etc.)

steam wallet funds can only be used to buy steam stuff and you can't put steam funds in paypal or something

paypal trading will still exist

lots of stuff can be paid with paypal (i.e. online services, buying stuff on the internet, etc.)

steam wallet funds can only be used to buy steam stuff and you can't put steam funds in paypal or something

While this is true, paypal trading is pretty hard/risky compared to the SCM. You put your buds on the market, Steam middlemans for you, and theres absolutely no way to be scammed, so the SCM holds less risk. And while there are steam fees, there arent any bank transfer fees or overseas fees. I feel like its going to broaden the playing field for buying/sellling high tier promos

Thats really not a  whole lot new, cause they were already marketable on the SCM.

What I find weird is that the Lumby Lid is now marketable

One of the Cheapest Promos lol

the limited tag is kinda dispensable

but yeah, paypal trading is still the best way to get real money.

steam money is basically keys, now we just have a way to sell those directly, instead of selling it for keys and then market.

If anything this will actually slow the drop of buds as many of the people that sell buds for keys at lower rates do so to then buy games or smaller items. Those people will turn to the steam market now instead of selling the buds cheap for keys. Maxes will likely be mostly unaffected by the steam market due to people being much more concerned over duped Max heads.

What I find weird is that the Lumby Lid is now marketable

One of the Cheapest Promos lol

Maybe I can buy one of those to make up for the one that I deleted a long time ago...

Paypal trading for buds/keys at least will remain live and well, because paypal doesn't charge 15% on top of your price ;)

So the buyer gets a better deal and the seller gets money they can actually use irl.  

I don't really get why would someone sell his buds for $40, given the fact that $40 is ~ 15 keys...

The same reason why people sell keys on the market, to buy things. Using current SCM prices (buds $40.25, keys $2.44), selling earbuds would be about the same as selling 16.5 keys. That's about what they're selling at in keys right now.

I think that maybe buds and bills might destabalise due to the market, but will stabalise later. Look at the stranges, they are much more stable ever since they added em on the market

Archived