Section (of BP) price calculator

So was looking into purchasing a page/cetain items of a person's backpack and thought

it would be a lot easier if backpack.tf would allow me to either

A ) Select certain items and it calculates the price of them added together or

B ) Select a page of the user's backpack (some-what useful for people that say "Selling page X of my backpack!")

I personally would think suggestion A would be more useful, that way a user can select certain items that I'm interested in and not select the others.

Now of course I know that I could calculate this all on my own, but I mean come on, that takes more clicking :3

So, in general, I'm suggesting a price calculator for selected items in a user's backpack.

(Note: obviously use backpack.tf's middle price for the calculations)

So was looking into purchasing a page/cetain items of a person's backpack and thought

it would be a lot easier if backpack.tf would allow me to either

A ) Select certain items and it calculates the price of them added together or

B ) Select a page of the user's backpack (some-what useful for people that say "Selling page X of my backpack!")

I personally would think suggestion A would be more useful, that way a user can select certain items that I'm interested in and not select the others.

Now of course I know that I could calculate this all on my own, but I mean come on, that takes more clicking :3

So, in general, I'm suggesting a price calculator for selected items in a user's backpack.

(Note: obviously use backpack.tf's middle price for the calculations)

I'm all for it however there should be settings for high enders such as myself.

I'm all for it however there should be settings for high enders such as myself.

Thought of that a little bit ago, haha

• 8 months later...

I would like to see this (they have a basic one over at calculator.tf).

I would like to be able to see the range of the items instead of just the mid. So if I select 30 items it could show 28-29,5 keys as an example.

I would also like to have toggles for paint and parts and possibly a slider to select what percentage they should be.

It should have a summary with the name, quality, parts and paint on the item along with it's price. This would be great for making large trades, you could just copy and paste the results into the trade window over at outpost or bazaar. 

Here's the kicker: 

I would pay for this feature.

Well, the latter part of that (printing out a list and prices) I already made in Java; although it requires you to update a text file with the full bp source code every time an item changes. It's not really that worthwhile, it's easier to just write bp prices since people can also know how you're going to value their offer.

Archived