Good GPU?

SirSkelly

you can get a new 650ti for 95 bucks, 15 bucks cheaper is surely considered as overprice for a used card.

Low en used cards from the previous generation don't lose a stupid amount of value once used...Also, knowing its from a trustworthy source--I.e. not mined to shit (not that anyone would mine with a 650ti anyway...) helps it keep some value. 

Although, the 900 (well, 980 and 970 anyway) are going to be announced the 18th/19th, so, its two generations old, so...it depends when he manages to sell it. If he can manage to sell it before the 900 series releases then $80 is much more feasible. 

P.s. I'd lik to point out theres a 650Ti on Ebay with a bid at $70+

Low en used cards from the previous generation don't lose a stupid amount of value once used...Also, knowing its from a trustworthy source--I.e. not mined to shit (not that anyone would mine with a 650ti anyway...) helps it keep some value. 

Although, the 900 (well, 980 and 970 anyway) are going to be announced the 18th/19th, so, its two generations old, so...it depends when he manages to sell it. If he can manage to sell it before the 900 series releases then $80 is much more feasible. 

P.s. I'd lik to point out theres a 650Ti on Ebay with a bid at $70+

Who the hell mine on Nvidia cards?  :unsure:

I got a gt 630 with 1 gb of gddr5 memory for 60 bucks, and it's not even that much better than intel graphics, so I'd advise to spend at least $90+ for a decent one. Also don't spend something like $200+ on a card that requires something like a 400 watt power supply to run correctly. I don't think that will be much of a problem though, if you buy the 650 ti. 

Now hes trying to sell my a power supply, do I need it?

And also he said that he used it quite harshly.... and then lowered the price to 30$. Now Im concerned, he also mentioned I can only use it for 2-3 years safley...

Now hes trying to sell my a power supply, do I need it?

And also he said that he used it quite harshly.... and then lowered the price to 30$. Now Im concerned, he also mentioned I can only use it for 2-3 years safley...

What wattage is your power supply? and does it have a 6 pin PCIe connector? N4muFT6.jpg

"used it quite harshly"...."2-3 years safely"....wut 

Before you actually buy it, ask to test it out. Download and run Heaven benchmark

My wattage is 135W and no, it doesn't have the thingy. 

135w.....how....what kind of crap ass computer do you have? Even the shittiest of computers usually come with a 300w psu... 

You'll definitely need to get a new psu then. 

Ehm I accually dont need a gpu anymore because I cant replace anything on my computer... its all built in as in its all one giant part.  :( well thanks for the help anyway 

If you bump your budget to 70$, you can get a GT 730, which isn't half bad for the price since you only play TF2 and Minecraft.

Ugh, low-end Nvidia and Intel GPUs suck for anything OpenGL related. In terms of DirectX, that's different.

I got a gt 630 with 1 gb of gddr5 memory for 60 bucks, and it's not even that much better than intel graphics, so I'd advise to spend at least $90+ for a decent one. Also don't spend something like $200+ on a card that requires something like a 400 watt power supply to run correctly. I don't think that will be much of a problem though, if you buy the 650 ti. 

I would think something with GDDR5 could beat any Sandy Bridge GPU by a longshot... Well now I'm kinda glad that I DIDN'T build a computer.

Ehm I accually dont need a gpu anymore because I cant replace anything on my computer... its all built in as in its all one giant part.  :( well thanks for the help anyway 

That explains the wattage, what kind of computer is it?

Archived