Sentry buff

Gone

Sentry needs a small buff which makes it react quicker to people coming in its view. Since those soldiers which just quickly turn the corner and spam rockets at the sentry and destroy it are annoying. Same goes with demo. They both counteract sentries amazingly. And they shouldn't since they already are the most powerful class in the game

I've never heard anyone complain about this. Also this is a terrible idea. The whole idea of Engie is to protect your buildings. Use Wrangler and Rescue Ranger to keep your buildings up longer or be aggressive when you get attacked and draw attention away.

The sentry needs a nerf where is turns slower so engineers need to protect their own goddamn buildings.

This. Also the ridiculous knockback needs to be toned down.

The soldier, as an offensive class is designed to get rid of lonely misplaced sentries. Anything else is the Spy or the Medic/Heavy/Pyro/Demoman`s job.

Even i have timed Scoot`s bonk! A.Punch to lure sentry fire while other player(s) deal with the nest. But of course, there HAS to be a Team to do this kind of thing. 

Yet i believe the Sentry is well balanced. "If you are attacking on your own, the sentry(ies) will make you cry

I think the sentry is fine as is. If anything, fix the eureka effect.

Personally, I was okay with the inability to carry buildings.

If they could replace the slower build and repair speeds with that, it'd be usable again.

Try learning to "wrangle ranger" It's the standard technique used to keep sentries up longer in comp HL. basically wrangle the sentry for a short period of time (sentries have triple health while wrangled) then rescue ranger it while the wrangle cool down is in effect. This makes sentries extremely hard to take down (especially in pubs) and it also keeps you away from the splash damage from the spam on your sentry.

Try learning to "wrangle ranger" It's the standard technique used to keep sentries up longer in comp HL. basically wrangle the sentry for a short period of time (sentries have triple health while wrangled) then rescue ranger it while the wrangle cool down is in effect. This makes sentries extremely hard to take down (especially in pubs) and it also keeps you away from the splash damage from the spam on your sentry.

But I use shotgun. It helps me kill spies and other people just wandering around

If you let a soldier or demo immediately destroy your sentry, you're playing engineer wrong.

It's easier said than done.

Demoman just spams stickies at your sentry and blow them up all at once instantly destroying it. And soldier spams his rockets at you while peeping through corner and going back and forth until the sentry gets destroyed.

>Complaining that classes that are designed to easily destroy sentries are easily destroying sentries.

I will be fine with them destroying the sentries easily if not already is demo amazing at killing people as well with his sticky spamming.

Demo can do it all and I doubt they will nerf the sticky bomb launcher so the next best thing is to buff sentries so instead of stickies being used for destroying sentries, it will only be used to kill someone head on and with sticky trapping.

Sentry is fine. Eureka buff is needed and maybe the ability to pick up other engies gear.

The buff should be that it's contruction rate is normal as normal wrench, but the repair rate is -25% instead of -50%

It's easier said than done.

Demoman just spams stickies at your sentry and blow them up all at once instantly destroying it. And soldier spams his rockets at you while peeping through corner and going back and forth until the sentry gets destroyed.

If they are doing that, then you have your sentry in a poor spot. If you have your sentry in a good spot, it should only be able to be taken down with an uber, a spy attack, or a coordinated team effort.

Also, if this is aggravating you that much, this is what the short circuit was designed for.

If they are doing that, then you have your sentry in a poor spot. If you have your sentry in a good spot, it should only be able to be taken down with an uber, a spy attack, or a coordinated team effort.

Also, if this is aggravating you that much, this is what the short circuit was designed for.

Tell me how? They can just barely peep past a corner and shoot a sticky and then go back and keep repeating that.

The buff should be that it's contruction rate is normal as normal wrench, but the repair rate is -25% instead of -50%

-25% construct rate for sentries, full repair rate imo

L2P, m8.

If you have your sentry in a good spot, it should only be able to be taken down with an uber, a spy attack, or a coordinated team effort.

^ This.

What if it's not the other classes are OP, but you playing wrong?

Lets try this. Give an example of where you mean by better placement. I agree as well that the engie can do a lot to protect his gear by repair and placement. What I find annoying is the lack of support from team mates when i try to build in an aggressive location.

Edit: Example on Granary - just past the entry areas there are three levels to play on. Placing the sentry on the highest level, just at the edge, with dispenser nearby, you will quickly become the focus of your opponant. On the same map it is really fun to put an exit on top of pipe, underwater, on the other side of the map.

Archived