Need help with PayPal

cringelord

Hey. I plan to cash out and I'm a bit worried that the buyer will refund the payment. I saw many reports involving this method, even with trustworthy traders. Is there any way to make payment unrefundable? Thanks in advance

With paypal? No.

As long as you sell to reputable traders you will be fine. In the past there has only been 1 or 2 cases where a reputable trader decided to go rogue, the most recent incident (trader called google) many traders didnt even pick up the most obvious signs that his account was suspicious simply because he used these forums for a bit. (Barely any games, low steam level and only recently started trading in tf2)

With paypal? No.

As long as you sell to reputable traders you will be fine. In the past there has only been 1 or 2 cases where a reputable trader decided to go rogue, the most recent incident (trade called google) many traders didnt even pick up the most obvious signs that his account was suspicious simply because he used these forums for a bit. (Barely any games, low steam level and only recently started trading in tf2)

I saw some traders saying to send payment as family/friends or something and add his profile and note that it's a payment for virtual item and he won't refund. Will that help?  Also thanks for the answer

If you want a nonrefundable option, you're going to need to use something like Wells Fargo or Bitcoin.

I don't know either of them, I prefer PP but thanks for the answer

I saw some traders saying to send payment as family/friends or something and add his profile and note that it's a payment for virtual item and he won't refund. Will that help?  Also thanks for the answer

To answer your question in the most direct way possible no, it doesnt help in the slightest.

The main problem with paypal is that they do not recognize virtual items (hard to keep track...etc) even if a message was left, to paypal you received money for free to the sender has every right to charge back and claim it was fraud. (Chargeback time frame is 3 months which is stupidly long so look for traders who has a clean history of cash trades longer than 3 months)

There has only been some cases in the past where sellers were charged back and paypal reversed it. I dont remember in too much detail but a buyer charged back a lot of people, someone compiled a list of his chargeback claims and used that as proof of his bs to take advantage of their system.

To answer your question in the most direct way possible no, it doesnt help in the slightest.

The main problem with paypal is that they do not recognize virtual items (hard to keep track...etc) even if a message was left, to paypal you received money for free to the sender has every right to charge back and claim it was fraud. (Chargeback time frame is 3 months which is stupidly long so look for traders who has a clean history of cash trades longer than 3 months)

There has only been some cases in the past where sellers were charged back and paypal reversed it. I dont remember in too much detail but a buyer charged back a lot of people, someone compiled a list of his chargeback claims and used that as proof of his bs to take advantage of their system.

Okay, thank you again for helping me  ;)

I'd say to have them leave in the message "I owe this person x", right when paypal sees virtual items they will say "We do not cover virtual items for seller protection" which may lower your chances on winning a dispute.

There's no way to stop yourself from getting screwed.

I'd stick to higher rep traders or known traders even though they pay less (for their rep obviously).

Archived