Breaking through plateaus?

>Sneaks

Does anyone know how to get past them?

Like, I play spy non-stop to get my skill up but lately I feel like I can't make progress.

I've tried switching up loadouts (all stock, saharan, revolver/kunai/IW) to get different play styles in.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to break the plateaus?

Like, I'm working on getting better with revolvers.

Also, this doesn't just apply to spy, this applies to all classes. If we could all share advice on learning how to play different styles with each class, that would be nice.

The problem with spy is you have to be fairly decent at all classes and know how they operate to know how to deal with them as a spy.

Also disguising then and running at their faces is a bad idea.

learn trickstabs and learn enemy behavior

trickstabs are not worth mastering; better to work on gun aim and mindset

@OP

I'm a spy main myself. I found that going for fancy things is not worth it. go for safe stabs, or suicide stabs on a med; just make sure you're close enough to guarentee a shot. By safe stabs, I mean decloaking out of earshot and backstabbing someone that's alone (soldier, scout, engi, sniper..)

Also, practice using your gun! I recommend going to tr_walkway or tr_airway and practice tracking bot's heads (not putting your crosshair where they will be) and enable the bots to strafe. Get to about 60-70 headshot kills, then start your pubbing/scrims/matches/lobbies.

For playstyles/loadouts, use what you play best with. for example, if you're shit at gun aim, and stay cloaked in a corner waiting for someone to drop on, equip the l'etranger; if you're a gun spy, use the amby or revolver. for knives, it depends on 2 things; do you want to stay alive longer, or suicide for a med/heavy/demo pick? if you choose the latter, take up the stock knife. for staying alive, pick the spy-cicle or, if you're on a map that the enemy is close to your allies, use the kunai for a 180 health buff to get behind your lines.

Moving onto your mindset, think about what the enemy is going to be doing; think about where they will be pushing or where high priority targets are. hide in a spot that isn't thought of, like ontop of a doorway or sign. 

Movement. This is a tricky one... This relates to mindset a lot, in the fact that you have to think what the enemy is going to do. But, with movement, you're trying to go where the enemy WON'T think you're going.

Hope I helped

Also, practice using your gun! I recommend going to tr_walkway or tr_airway and practice tracking bot's heads (not putting your crosshair where they will be) and enable the bots to strafe. Get to about 60-70 headshot kills, then start your pubbing/scrims/matches/lobbies.

I've tried using my gun, but I mostly land bodyshots :/ I'll definetly do that.

Moving onto your mindset, think about what the enemy is going to be doing; think about where they will be pushing or where high priority targets are. hide in a spot that isn't thought of, like ontop of a doorway or sign.

Is it useful to use the YER to learn how to act? It kinda forces you to know how to use every disguise.

Movement. This is a tricky one... This relates to mindset a lot, in the fact that you have to think what the enemy is going to do. But, with movement, you're trying to go where the enemy WON'T think you're going.

Definetly. I used to play a lot of medic and that really helped me learn how to dodge/surf off of rockets and climb onto obstacles to avoid taking hits.

trickstabs are not worth mastering; better to work on gun aim and mindset

I've heard most comp players say that trickstabs are generally desperation moves. I do wish to learn them anyway.

Hope I helped

Most definetly! Thank you!

Also, here are the loadouts I use (I almost always use stock sapper)

Revolver/Amby

Knife

IW

L'Etranger

YER

DR/IW

Enforcer/Revolver

Kunai

DR

I've tried using my gun, but I mostly land bodyshots :/ I'll definetly do that.

Is it useful to use the YER to learn how to act? It kinda forces you to know how to use every disguise.

Definetly. I used to play a lot of medic and that really helped me learn how to dodge/surf off of rockets and climb onto obstacles to avoid taking hits.

I've heard most comp players say that trickstabs are generally desperation moves. I do wish to learn them anyway.

Most definetly! Thank you!

Also, here are the loadouts I use (I almost always use stock sapper)

Revolver/Amby

Knife

IW

L'Etranger

YER

DR/IW

Enforcer/Revolver

Kunai

DR

you shouldn't be limiting yourself to a few loadouts; use anything with everything based on the situation.

tr_walkway's hitboxes dont match up with the player model like it does in a pub (the hitboxes are in the idle stance while the model is in the running stance), so i wouldnt recommend practising headshots

not so sure about tr_airway though 

One thing to add to this is pay attention to the actions of the players on the other team. It's a lot easier to convince the enemy that you're not a spy when you're disguised as the f2p noob rather than the team's carry.

One thing to add to this is pay attention to the actions of the players on the other team. It's a lot easier to convince the enemy that you're not a spy when you're disguised as the f2p noob rather than the team's carry.

Oh, I know :<

you shouldn't be limiting yourself to a few loadouts; use anything with everything based on the situation.

I know :< do you have any other loadout suggestions?

do you have any other loadout suggestions?

Try out the Diamondback. It's become much more viable since the buff as long as you are good with your revolver aim.

Posted · Hidden by polar, September 15, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, September 15, 2014 - No reason given

Hello my dear friends
Please reported this guys, they do not know how to play, because they are even the team I always lose.
Theirs below my nicknames. Check in screenshot
hVuAyU3.jpg?1?7753
Thanks all :)

Archived