Duping

F  CHARLIE

At what point was valve able to stop people from duping hats? Does that mean the only duped hats ate copies of scammed/phishers hats? On a 50 bud hat how much off does being duped take off?

At what point was valve able to stop people from duping hats? Does that mean the only duped hats ate copies of scammed/phishers hats? On a 50 bud hat how much off does being duped take off?

I'm not sure you understand what duping is. IIRC, Valve will dupe a hat for the original owner and leave the other one in circulation. If that is wrong I spose valve deletes it then dupes it for the owner?

1) I assume you're talking about out school duping, valve started cracking down on them when they realised it severely effected the economy negatively, also the reason why they have become a bitch to restore your bp.

2) No, many hats such as the burning snaggletooth had been mass duped through glitches and exploits from the old days of tf2

3) It depends on the hat

Duping could start up again at any time if another exploit is found, but chances are that it will end quickly when somebody tells valve about the exploit so that they can get their sumbeams max's head or whatever other currently impossible unusual they have in mind.

I just wanted understand the specifics. Thank you.

One way of duping involved making the item normal quality in the item files. Patched now with a checksum, some people think it is still client side so if you want to go on a hunt for the next dupe glitch go ahead (and get a free VAC ban for editing the .DLL files).

Archived