Premium Search for 2014 Summer Adventure Items

Hatrix

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've found that using stats.tf can loosely tell you if any 2014 ones exist, as they have a gifted origin but no gift text, meaning there would be an inconsistency between gifted items and items with gift text.

I've found that using stats.tf can loosely tell you if any 2014 ones exist, as they have a gifted origin but no gift text, meaning there would be an inconsistency between gifted items and items with gift text.

That is actually very useful to know.

I've found that if you search through histories of 2014 items, manually searching everyone's backpacks in the history will usually yield a few more 2014 items, it's led me discover a few other collectors as well. Just sharing search methods.

How would you go on about doing that?

History of the item through tf2outpost, I usually look at dead or live trade with 2014 items and individually check the item histories.

Example:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/21897948

Look at the history of the Hermes.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,2783855624,633,6

We look at who unboxed it, maybe he has more 2014 items, who knows?

We go to his steam inventory, use the word "rewarded" to search his backpack, lo and behold, he actually has more 2014 items stashed away.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010205329/inventory/

I've developed several search methods by hand, but they are, by far, not efficient in any way, shape, or form in finding the specific one you want.

I haven't seen a Modest yet. Draco says he knows of one, but I haven't found another.

History of the item through tf2outpost, I usually look at dead or live trade with 2014 items and individually check the item histories.

Example:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/21897948

Look at the history of the Hermes.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,2783855624,633,6

We look at who unboxed it, maybe he has more 2014 items, who knows?

We go to his steam inventory, use the word "rewarded" to search his backpack, lo and behold, he actually has more 2014 items stashed away.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010205329/inventory/

I've developed several search methods by hand, but they are, by far, not efficient in any way, shape, or form in finding the specific one you want.

I haven't seen a Modest yet. Draco says he knows of one, but I haven't found another.

Yup. The owner of the modest contacted me through my trade, but since he had a pending SR report, I declined to trade with him at that time. That and he wanted me to pay a bud for it. The current location isn't "well" known, but he did ditch the hat after he got banned from outpost.

Yup. The owner of the modest contacted me through my trade, but since he had a pending SR report, I declined to trade with him at that time. That and he wanted me to pay a bud for it. The current location isn't "well" known, but he did ditch the hat after he got banned from outpost.

A fucking bud? Good god people, the Noh Mercy sale was a joke...

That's ridiculous. I paid 2.5 keys for my Graybanns, and the Graybanns are far above the Modest, technically speaking. (Sorry Knave.)

That's ridiculous. I paid 2.5 keys for my Graybanns, and the Graybanns are far above the Modest, technically speaking. (Sorry Knave.)

No worries

He got banned for making a fake c/o of 2 buds with his alt.

He got banned for making a fake c/o of 2 buds with his alt.

Good. One outlier and people lose their minds.

Anyone found any other decent / efficient ways to search for 2014 items?

I added the summer 2014 tag on the item hovers just now, but I am not convinced they need to be in premium... 

At least make them searchable. :/

I'm assuming you mean through the filter when viewing a backpack, then yes if you type "reward" it will show all items that are some kind of reward -- i added them just now so that wasn't working 5 seconds ago

I'm assuming you mean through the filter when viewing a backpack, then yes if you type "reward" it will show all items that are some kind of reward -- i added them just now so that wasn't working 5 seconds ago

I meant via classifieds.

I added the summer 2014 tag on the item hovers just now, but I am not convinced they need to be in premium... 

This pleases the Hatrix. Thanks Brad.

Think Knave meant through premium or at least some search filter so we don't have to manually open backpacks one by one and cp "rewarded".

-edit-

I meant via classifieds.

I see now.

On a side note, any way we can get these tracked by stats.tf?

Like I stated earlier in this thread, stats.tf can really really roughly tell you if a 2014 version exists, because it would show an inconsistency between the number of items with a gifted origin and items with gift text.

Like I stated earlier in this thread, stats.tf can really really roughly tell you if a 2014 version exists, because it would show an inconsistency between the number of items with a gifted origin and items with gift text.

But then there are items that have more copies that are from a gifted origin than ones with gifted text.

• 3 months later...

Archived