"Spamming" a trade

Estabanyo

Halloween falls on October 31st, so the level 31 is a reference to the day Halloween falls upon. Its not really spam, but a lot of traders dislike unrelated posts on their trade. They're mainly looking for offers and not to field questions about their items.

That said, there's nothing wrong with asking a question, just don't be rude if the person hides your post or does not answer your question in his reply. Also you can report him if he says something legitimately rude to you in his reply such as cursing at you. Just don't post again if he's made it clear he's not answer because then you may have your posted hidden or a temporary ban for repeated, unnecessary posting on the trade.

Halloween falls on October 31st, so the level 31 is a reference to the day Halloween falls upon. Its not really spam, but a lot of traders dislike unrelated posts on their trade. They're mainly looking for offers and not to field questions about their items.

That said, there's nothing wrong with asking a question, just don't be rude if the person hides your post or does not answer and report if he says something legitimately rude to you. Just don't post again if he's made it clear he's not answer because then you may have your posted hidden or a temporary ban for repeated, unnecessary posting on the trade.

Well, instead of being a meany. He could have explained why being level 31 is special for the certain item.

• Administrators

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/22543219

I asked him why it mattered about the level 31, and he replied with "Stop spamming my trade" Then, he blocked me.

Well, instead of being a meany. He could have explained why being level 31 is special for the certain item.

This is how he should have replied... v v v

Can't people be nice about question asking? 

4369261dfa.jpg

This is how he should have replied... v v v

Can't people be nice about question asking? 

4369261dfa.jpg

Agreed; Every time I put up a trade for collector/special levels and someone asks me a question about why they are considered that, I always explain it to them. After all, not every trader is aware of their significance, and by explaining it to them, you are less likely to get the pricks who just go "but it's only worth this" or "lol" or "get out" (I get those a lot). You'll still get them, mind you, but at least you are educating a few at the same time to prevent them from turning into those traders.

Also to the OP, level 31 is in reference to Halloween along with level 13, which is in reference to Friday the 13th. They are greatly desired by Halloween hat/misc collectors, or people who want complete Halloween themed sets; At one time I considered myself one of those possible collectors.

Archived