how to opt out of backpack.tf

2HB JimmyHat

Hello, I have been contacted many times today for people wanting to trade/purchase get my hat.  Its never for sale!  How do I take my name of the list so I stop getting random friend requests from people who want something that's not for sale? 

I would also like to know if it is possible to complain to steam or perhaps team fortress in order to stop this intrusion. 

Thanks for your time!

Hello, I have been contacted many times today for people wanting to trade/purchase get my hat.  Its never for sale!  How do I take my name of the list so I stop getting random friend requests from people who want something that's not for sale? 

I would also like to know if it is possible to complain to steam or perhaps team fortress in order to stop this intrusion. 

Thanks for your time!

Most of them are probably adding you because the mining light became a misc today. They are adding you in the hope of giving you a "good deal" when it is actually a bad deal (also known as sharking). Many of these people are probably premuim people, they can see any unusual hat in the database (your hat is in the data base)

Soon the hype will die down and you will see less adds. There is no way to opt out. 

If you want the adds to stop now, move the hat from your bp (a trusted friend etc). Load you backpack and check to see that the mining light is out of your bp.tf backpack. Then make your account private and then get the hat back from your friend

Most of them are probably adding you because the mining light became a misc today. They are adding you in the hope of giving you a "good deal" when it is actually a bad deal (also known as sharking). Many of these people are probably premuim people, they can see any unusual hat in the database (your hat is in the data base)

inb4 wayne

EDIT: why is this in politics+religion .-.

Taking great measures to complain to Steam over users asking if a $100 hat is for sale. Just sounds really over the top.

It just became a misc so hes probably getting a bunch of random adds

the answer is obvious: delete the hat from your inventory

no but do what everyone above has already suggested

The answer is too obvious.

Taking great measures to complain to Steam over users asking if a $100 hat is for sale. Just sounds really over the top.

I guess you missed the part where I have been contacted by people without pure intentions.  One of them left a malware link in my profile's comments section.  I'm not into trading, and could care less about hats.  I just don't want to be bothered by a bunch of people adding me to leave malware.

If I was selling, I would go to a trade server, not wait for Joe Random to ask me to sell.  I also run a highlander team, so I have to take friend requests because they might be trying to join the team.

Its really just a haslte I don't have time for!

Archived