Unusual effect Gen 1, 2, 3 Question

♛ AlphaOmega ♛

So at this point, Valve has decided to explain or give indication what Unusuals are which.

For instance:

What we called the "summer effect"s AKA Aces high, Kill-a-watt, Terrorwatt etc, are listed as 3rd gen effects.

To me, it is a little frustrating. I mean, back when they didn't give a clear definition, the typical trader lingo was "Summer effects" or "Halloween 2010, 11, 12 etc".

So I guess my question is this: Do you prefer the old trader lingo of 1st gen, 2nd gen, etc OR the way valve has given us the groups of gens?

Personally, I prefer the old lingo simply because it was there, people knew it, and people understood it. I think now, steaming and smoking is considered 2nd gen? Pretty sure back then it was considered 1st.

So at this point, Valve has decided to explain or give indication what Unusuals are which.

For instance:

What we called the "summer effect"s AKA Aces high, Kill-a-watt, Terrorwatt etc, are listed as 3rd gen effects.

To me, it is a little frustrating. I mean, back when they didn't give a clear definition, the typical trader lingo was "Summer effects" or "Halloween 2010, 11, 12 etc".

So I guess my question is this: Do you prefer the old trader lingo of 1st gen, 2nd gen, etc OR the way valve has given us the groups of gens?

Personally, I prefer the old lingo simply because it was there, people knew it, and people understood it. I think now, steaming and smoking is considered 2nd gen? Pretty sure back then it was considered 1st.

All effects released at different times. Hence smoking and stuff being 2nd gen.

All effects released at different times. Hence smoking and stuff being 2nd gen.

I joined around the time when these effects had settle. So I assumed steaming and smoking was considered "first gen"

Hell, I joined months after the release of the summer effects, and I managed to learn the tiers.

Just know what effects are what gen and youll be fine.

I used the "gen" terminology before valve put the details on the crates. I was on hiatus during the summer of 2013 so I never related them to summer and always the 3rd major series to be released.

Archived