Your thoughts on 1/x items?

>Sneaks

So, given all of the effects in TF2 and the new hats that are consistently getting added that also means that there are a ton of "1/1," "1/2," "1/X," items and that people try to highball their shitty hat/effect combos because of that. What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I feel that it doesn't matter unless it's something godly (like the 1/1 Hong Kong Cone.)

Depends, 1/2 hats when both are on the market is bullshit in my opinion - no reason to highball that

1/1 hats on the market - Depends, if its flies gtfo

1/anything higher than 3 gtfo - just, gtfo

if it's 3rd gen it's irrelevant, more relevant for newer hats with 1st gen effects

always relevant for hween and robo

if other aren't for sale, it's worth mentioning that

still ugly

still incredibly themed on many hats, and worth more than most 2nd gens

Adding on to this flies, fetti, circling effects probably have the most collectors all gunning for them.

Reason being it's relatively rare (might have a few in existence but most never hit the market either keeps or inactive bp), looks pretty decent and they dont cost an arm/leg to buy.

I only find it relevant with 1st gen, halloween and robo effects. Other effects are just pointless.

But if the hat is rare, the hat is rare.

I only find it relevant with 1st gen, halloween and robo effects. Other effects are just pointless.

But if the hat is rare, the hat is rare.

Totally agree. Speaking as someone that owns and has sold many many 1 of 1 and 1 of 2 hats it can matter a lot but you still can't go charging more than a better effect is asking on the same hat even if the other has another 2 in existence.

Can't help but be reminded of the guy on OP who was trying to sell a "1/1!!" Steaming Merc's Mohawk for 20 buds...

1/1 doesn't mean shit on new hats or new effects.  New hat with 1st gen effect - yes, I'll give you that.   New hat with new effect - GTFO.  

Can't help but be reminded of the guy on OP who was trying to sell a "1/1!!" Steaming Merc's Mohawk for 20 buds...

1/1 doesn't mean shit on new hats or new effects.  New hat with 1st gen effect - yes, I'll give you that.   New hat with new effect - GTFO.  

But steaming isn't really a new effect. It's 2nd gen. Kind of ugly in my opinion but still somewhat classic.

On new hats, I'd care only if it was something damn good, like burning or beams on a deep cover operator.

But if it's burning on something kind of shitty, like a trencher's topper, just stfu and take a damn quicksell offer.

THe older the better.

1st gen hat + effect:

1/1 - You can highball all you want

1/2 - Somewhat close to the other seller

1/3+ - you could ask for a little more than backpack.tf

1st gen hat + Halloween effect:

1/2 - Somwhat close to the other seller

1/3+ - You should probably stay near backpack.tf

3rd gen hat + 3rd get effect OR 1st gen effect

1/1 - Don't highball

1/2 - Sell lower or equal to other seller

1/3+ - quicksell it.

The point is: IF it's an 1st gen hat and effect, you could probably ask a lot more. If you had a 3rd gen hat and effect, you should just try to get backpack.tf or close. These don't deserve the praise of 1st gen hats and effects which are somewhat harder to find 1 of 1's today.

On the part of god -tier hats having the 1/1 applied to it, it should only apply to older hats.

Again, all my opinion. At the end of the day, you can ask wahtever the hell you want. What matters:

WHo will buy it and what price?

Flies would be perfect on the "bum" set for heavy (Lord of the Rats) & soldier (Dumpster Diver).  And I'm sure it would look nice on a few other items as well.  Maybe even the Snipers Swagger Hat since it's basically a flyfishing hat.

THe older the better.

1st gen hat + effect:

1/2 - Somewhat close to the other seller

1/3+ - you could ask for a little more than backpack.tf

1st gen hat + Halloween effect:

1/2 - Somwhat close to the other seller

1/3+ - You should probably stay near backpack.tf

3rd gen hat + 3rd get effect OR 1st gen effect

1/1 - Don't highball

1/2 - Sell lower or equal to other seller

1/3+ - quicksell it.

The point is: IF it's an 1st gen hat and effect, you could probably ask a lot more. If you had a 3rd gen hat and effect, you should just try to get backpack.tf or close. These don't deserve the praise of 1st gen hats and effects which are somewhat harder to find 1 of 1's today.

On the part of god -tier hats having the 1/1 applied to it, it should only apply to older hats.

Again, all my opinion. At the end of the day, you can ask wahtever the hell you want. What matters:

WHo will buy it and what price?

And then there's the concept of 1/1 or 1/2 on the market.

Take my stormy 13th magistrate.

Classic hat? Yes.

Halloween effect? Yes

Other sellers? No, not that I am aware of. (I obsessively check for the other to see if there is competition)

Am I highballing? A little bit but I get that it's a really rare hat and it actually looks nice despite being a low tier hat (people on ppm servers have complimented me on how nice it looks)

And then there's the concept of 1/1 or 1/2 on the market.

Take my stormy 13th magistrate.

Classic hat? Yes.

Halloween effect? Yes

Other sellers? No, not that I am aware of. (I obsessively check for the other to see if there is competition)

Am I highballing? A little bit but I get that it's a really rare hat and it actually looks nice despite being a low tier hat (people on ppm servers have complimented me on how nice it looks)

1st gen hat (low) + 2nd gen halloween

is it 1/1 in existance? If so, sell for a bit over the high end on backpack.tf

If it is only 1 of 1 on market, u can ask for the high end or maybe .3-.5 over.

Always remember, 1/1 existance is TYPICALLY better than 1 of 1 on the market. HOWEVER, in some cases of high tier hats or rarer hats with effects, it may be 1/4, but if its the only one on the market, it is still significantly worth more than it being just 1/1.

Tbh unusual trading is not stable. As the wolf of wall street put it: "no one knows which way itll go".

Depends, 1/2 hats when both are on the market is bullshit in my opinion - no reason to highball that

1/1 hats on the market - Depends, if its flies gtfo

1/anything higher than 3 gtfo - just, gtfo

coming from the guy that has never had more than a 25 key bp. 

Just to give you an idea:

Here's how i price my ultra rare hats:

The 1 of 1s:

Time Warp Tipped Lid: 30 Buds pure (I don't care about selling it. I'm not even sure what I'd do after selling it.)

Steaming Viewfinder: 10-11 buds (Simply what it has Sold for in the past)

G. Fetti Nunhood: Really haven't decided. Probably somewhere above what kill-a-watt got priced at

Peace Teutonic Toque: 4 buds (same price that logo sold for)

I won't go into the halogens since they just aren't for sale but I paid reasonably close on each of the more rare high tier effects (1 of 1 or 1 of 2).

The "1 of 1 ON MARKET":

P. Fetti Tyrant's: 4 Buds (close to bp.tf price but also it is odd with there being so many green fetti's on the market for like 2 buds. Something I've already declined)

Nuts Wetworks: 19 keys (Meh. it's still nuts)

Bubbles Slick Cut: 19-22 Keys (Have a guy collecting for 19 but i really don't care about selling it. The bp.tf price is a bit low considering that only the one of 3 has ever been publicly traded)

The "2 of 2 on market"

I own both the ghosts slick cuts currently for sale and have no real intention of letting either go for below about 4.5.

I have a particular liking for very very rare things. The 1 of 1 logo pullover treated me very well and the 1 of 2 o. fire did as well. Being the only seller on the market allowed me to push the price of the stormy storm halogen up a few keys twice just by being stubborn (since then I've taken all my halogens off the market)

Archived