I got scammed :c

BGScatman and America

So this one day, I added a guy called NAPK1NS. He had +rep and good items 2. I trusted him and he said I'll give you 4 ref and a honcho's headgear for those Graybanns. He said his friend was a honcho collector, so hie said he'll pay about 2.66-3 ref. I said deal. We traded and guess waht happened. His Friend and him left. I tried adding him. BLOCKED. tried putting comments in his profile. DELETED. Soooo, i got scammed from a +rep trader with good items. 

LESSON OF STORY ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsss.....Don't trust traders even if they have +rep or good items.

At least it wasn't a $300 unusual. You got scammed out of like $2, you can make that back and double it within a day if you try.

$0.50

Legitimate rep threads can only be found in places like TF2-T, Bazaar and of course, SourceOP. Profile rep doesn't mean anything at all.

And bp.tf trust

So this one day, I added a guy called NAPK1NS. He had +rep and good items 2. I trusted him and he said I'll give you 4 ref and a honcho's headgear for those Graybanns. He said his friend was a honcho collector, so hie said he'll pay about 2.66-3 ref. I said deal. We traded and guess waht happened. His Friend and him left. I tried adding him. BLOCKED. tried putting comments in his profile. DELETED. Soooo, i got scammed from a +rep trader with good items. 

LESSON OF STORY ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsss.....Don't trust traders even if they have +rep or good items.

1.  Profile Rep doesn't mean shit.  Never trust based on that alone. 

2.  So why wouldn't he have traded the Honcho to his friend then?  Ask this everytime someone tells you they have an amazing offer on their item lined up:  If you have a good offer on your item, why didn't you take it?  The truth always comes out that way....

3.  You got scammed out of a couple of ref.  That's literally 50 cents.  No big deal. 

It's an old scam.  The version I almost fell for was better executed, but thankfully it was taking place on a trade server and someone called the 2 guys out on it before I went through with the trade.

If you see someone scamming on a trade server, be a pal and call that shit out.  You're saving someone's ass and cock-blocking a scammer at the same time.  Both of those things are always good.

Oh and to the people saying that it's not a big deal, fuck off with that shit.  Do you seriously think for one second that someone who'd do this for small-time items won't also do it for more expensive stuff?  It's the thin end of a wedge.

Oh and to the people saying that it's not a big deal, fuck off with that shit.  Do you seriously think for one second that someone who'd do this for small-time items won't also do it for more expensive stuff?  It's the thin end of a wedge.

Maybe if they had more than a few ref in their backpacks...

...oh and it also makes you kindof a dick to shit on someone who's been victimized and came looking for a little sympathy.

Then I guess all of us are dicks then

Embrace the dickiness <3

...oh and it also makes you kindof a dick to shit on someone who's been victimized and came looking for a little sympathy.

Ok I'm now going to create hundreds of threads on how I lost $0.50 in a trade. And invite pieces of bread to tell me off.

It's an old scam.  The version I almost fell for was better executed, but thankfully it was taking place on a trade server and someone called the 2 guys out on it before I went through with the trade.

If you see someone scamming on a trade server, be a pal and call that shit out.  You're saving someone's ass and cock-blocking a scammer at the same time.  Both of those things are always good.

Yeah.  The thing is though that nobody with a valuable backpack is going to fall for "my friend is a collector and will pay triple the price for this hat and I just haven't sold it to him cause #yolo".  Especially when the item in question (in this case a honcho) is ridiculously easy to come by.  Then there's the question why anybody would be collecting head honchos? 

And yes, 2 ref is not a big deal at all, in fact it's complete bullshit.  If you're too young to work, go out and mow some lawns or rake some leaves and make more than 10 times that in one hour.  People always forget what these items are actually worth.  It's really easy to disconnect this shit from the real world, and then you end up realizing that you just spend an hour stressing over 50 fucking cents which you wouldn't think twice about if you lost it on the street. 

Archived